What shows and or movies are you or have you watched on Netflix?

Just finished watching season 1 of Safe. It takes place in the UK, and is an intricate murder mystery. It centers around a teenage party and one of the kids goes missing. It is mostly believable even though some things were very surprising to me and made me wonder about the people a lot. It only has one season and I don't see where they may go with it if more seasons come out but then I didn't write it! :LOL: I am curious to see what they will come up with next. It kept my attention from the beginning.

Finished Locke and Key , now watching The Good Girls.

good-girls.jpg
I really enjoyed Good Girls. It's exciting!

I finished watching Season 1 of Virgin River. I really enjoyed it. About a Nurse Practitioner that has been through a lot and moves from the city to a small town way out to start a new life. Lots of interesting characters in it, too.

Tiger King is crazy but addicting. I like Ozark but it can be very dark. Jason Bateman does a good job playing a baddie.
I think I recall Ozark now. Saw it way back but now there are new seasons I believe. Going to go back to it. Thanks!

I don't know if I can take disturbing--you say Lion King is. If there's animal abuse in it I don't want to watch.;):cautious:

I have been watching the series When Calls the Heart and am enjoying it. It takes place in the early 1900s I believe and is about a teacher who goes to a coal mining town. There's all kinds of things happening there. I find it very interesting and the acting is good, too.

direct tv is running free movie channels to 'help with the isolation.'
Ok, good, but I wish the people could keep their clothes on.
they get naked, shower, run around house whether it has anything to do with the plot.

Were I in my twenties or thirties, it would be great, now I merely wish they would keep their clothes on-that goes for tv too

Don't know if it's still on Netflix but enjoyed a dark British crime series called Happy Valley.

Watching Peaky Blinders now, it's so-so.

In the past we have enjoyed the Americans, Mad Men, Broadchurch, the Durrells, the Worricker Trilogy, the Bodyguard.
I watched the entire Mad Men series. Thought it was pretty good.

I am now watching the series called Hollywood on Netflix. It's just beginning to get good, too. It's about what the actors and people of Hollywood go through.

Right now we're watching "Episodes", a comedy starring Matt LeBlanc (playing himself) and quite enjoying it.

Just watching the pilot episode of Ozark told me that series wasn't for me. When violence or the constant threat of violence is the main plot theme, I'm not interested. It's never floated my boat, and my tolerance decreases as I get older.

I'll have to check into some of the series recommended by other posters. Thanks!

Last edited:
Right now we're watching "Episodes", a comedy starring Matt LeBlanc (playing himself) and quite enjoying it.

The pilot of Ozark told me that series wasn't for me. When violence or the constant threat of violence is the main plot theme, I'm not interested. It's never floated my boat, and my tolerance decreases as I get older.

I'll have to check into some of the series recommended by other posters. Thanks!
You know, it's funny, I have gone through nearly seven decades without seeing much "real-life" violence (and that includes 40 years in NYC and environs.) But there is endless violence on TV. Everything is settled with fists, car chases or gunfire. It is a major turn-off.

The Tudors
The Last Kingdom
Outlander
Breaking Bad - My favorite but only once now that I know the outcome.
Hell on Wheels
Deadwood
Dick Van Dyke
Andy Griffith
Royal Pains
Documentaries

I find that movies I watched as a child and even in my younger adult life are so dated, sometimes with poorer acting or lame plots. I.e. Spartagus, The Vikings or Ulysses (all with Kirk Douglas).

Last edited:
We recently started using Netflix. As soon as we got It my Husband became obsessed with Ozark and in a few days he watched all 3 seasons. He's waiting for the next season to come on. He just finished watching Hunter and now he is watching Lucifer. I love how much he is enjoying watching tv instead of always doing things around the house.

I enjoyed the early seasons of The Durrells but later it began to go idiotic. Crazy/unrealistic does not interest me.
The Tudors
The Last Kingdom
Outlander
Breaking Bad - My favorite but only once now that I know the outcome.
Hell on Wheels
Deadwood
Dick Van Dyke
Andy Griffith
Royal Pains
Documentaries

I find that movies I watched as a child and even in my younger adult life are so dated, sometimes with poorer acting or lame plots. I.e. Spartagus, The Vikings or Ulysses (all with Kirk Douglas).

That's funny. I can always get a laugh from those who know old movies by citing the hilarious casting choices (Tony Curtis and Ernest Borgnine as Vikings? Really?) and the ridiculous dialogue (Curtis' famous "Yonda lie da gaddens of my faddah") from some of these movies.

On the other hand, some films hold up beautifully. Try watching Hud, The Palm Beach Story, Hombre, The Asphalt Jungle, The Naked City. Many other good ones. Some of the screenwriters back then were really gifted.

I have Netflix, but as it's a Mexican Netflix, too many of the shows and movies are about gangs, drugs, drug dealers, serial killers etc.
However, I do enjoy Star Trek: The Next Generation.

I started watching Call the Midwife series on Netflix. I find it addictive.
there are 10 or 11 seasons and I'm up to season 5. I only watch 2-3 episodes each night as I don't want it to end.

I watched the first 3 seasons of Virgin River and loved it. Season 4 started on July 20th, and that is next in line for me to watch.

Back