What shows and or movies are you or have you watched on Netflix?

I just cancelled 2 of my streaming tv apps. So I am looking to find what all is good on Netflix? I've heard You is good and getting ready to watch that but need some more shows to watch. Thank you in advance.

Enjoyed a documentary series entitled Inside Bill's Brain, about Bill and Melinda Gates and their philanthropic activities.

I finished watching The Stranger or the first season. Don't know if there will be more seasons because so much was revealed in this one. I thought it was pretty good.

I am watching a new season of Grace and Frankie. I'm not crazy about it but will watch what is left of this additional season. I'd say it's average.

I have also watched Good Girls about a month ago. I liked it even if it was predictable.

Still watching Grace and Frankie and something makes me want to keep on watching it--it's funny. This season is better than the last ones.

Just watched the movie Roma last night. I thought it was excellent.

Although I enjoy almost everything else in these actors' individual bodies of work, Grace and Frankie turned me off because the acting is so stiff and overly broad. Puts me in mind of silent movies where the actors' faces exaggerate every emotion. Hubby and I watched the first two seasons and gave up on it.

In my humble opinion, this is a stellar talent pool (Jane Fonda, Martin Sheen, Lily Tomlin & Sam Waterston) and an interesting premise wasted on poor writing and worse direction. Nary a nuance to be found.

Just watched the movie Roma last night. I thought it was excellent.

Although I enjoy almost everything else in these actors' individual bodies of work, Grace and Frankie turned me off because the acting is so stiff and overly broad. Puts me in mind of silent movies where the actors' faces exaggerate every emotion. Hubby and I watched the first two seasons and gave up on it.

In my humble opinion, this is a stellar talent pool (Jane Fonda, Martin Sheen, Lily Tomlin & Sam Waterston) and an interesting premise wasted on poor writing and worse direction. Nary a nuance to be found.
I agree that the first seasons sucked but I think the new season is much better. Maybe a new writer, I don't know. Anyhow it ended, the season that is and don't know if there will be any more. I enjoyed the last season I saw.

I'll have to check out Roma. Thanks.

I just cancelled 2 of my streaming tv apps. So I am looking to find what all is good on Netflix? I've heard You is good and getting ready to watch that but need some more shows to watch. Thank you in advance.
I'm confused. Are you watching online or DVD? We've had Netflix for well over 10 years, DVD only, and have gone past 1800 rentals. We watch almost no American TV and prefer to watch DVD's with no ads. Just about any English costumer or police dramas do it for us. We've watched at least 50 Brit police series, and in the hundreds as far as costumer period pieces. Then, foreign films of all types, all countries. You name the genre, we might have an idea.

I'm confused. Are you watching online or DVD? We've had Netflix for well over 10 years, DVD only, and have gone past 1800 rentals. We watch almost no American TV and prefer to watch DVD's with no ads. Just about any English costumer or police dramas do it for us. We've watched at least 50 Brit police series, and in the hundreds as far as costumer period pieces. Then, foreign films of all types, all countries. You name the genre, we might have an idea.
I watch TV shows and movies on Netflix on my TV-streaming-can watch online too. I don't get DVDs from them.

Last edited:
There is so much I like on Netflix. I watch the Aussie series Wentworth when new seasons come out. I love that one of my favorite TV shows, Haven on there. I rewatch some times. A friend recommended Locke and Key, a Netflix original. We have similar tastes, so he figured I would like it. I have not started yet, but it does look good. The producer of Locke and Key is Joe Hill, who is the son of Stephen King

I'm now watching Better Call Saul--it's a spin off of Breaking Bad. I think it's pretty good and am watching the new season that's out now.
Thanks for letting me know -- I've been missing new episodes of Better Call Saul & wondered if it would be coming back. Now I know!

I watched The Stranger. I couldn't quit rolling my eyes. Should have been called Stupid People Doing Stupid Things Then Oops Someone Winds Up Dead. It's because the title character was never developed. I am also stupid for watching the show to the end. Gah! Do people really act like that out there in society? I'm glad I'm a hermit. Haha. I like Russian shows.

I have Netflex and Acorn as well as Amazon Prime and several others and find that most programming is aimed at a much younger age group simply because there aren't that many 86+ year old women in total charge of their own remotes. Programming must go where the money is.

I do watch Grace and Frankie but the silly gets to me at time. I got interested in "Foyle's War" but when it stopped having closed caption it was too easy to lose important wording but may pick up that again. I've been thinking of beginning "The Crown" . I've watched some of "Delicious" . A little corny at times but I love the scenery. Love "Life on a Narrowboat" . Movies = last I watch was "The Irishman" and "The Two Popes."

NetflexEither real life or based on real life events appeals to me more. And I like to turn the TV off feeling a little better about life in general. TV to me is just a way to spend a couple of hours of my day doing something interesting. No program is a must see.

I watched The Stranger. I couldn't quit rolling my eyes. Should have been called Stupid People Doing Stupid Things Then Oops Someone Winds Up Dead. It's because the title character was never developed. I am also stupid for watching the show to the end. Gah! Do people really act like that out there in society? I'm glad I'm a hermit. Haha. I like Russian shows.
I guess we all have different tastes. I quite liked The Stranger and did not roll my eyes ;) If I hadn't liked it I wouldn't have continued to watch it.

Back