Diets, Decaf & Other Dubious Deeds

Today was a slow day at work. Several of the ladies were upset about something or other. It's always something. I'm always grateful when I get home.

Been tinkering with image tools and making stuff online. It's fun to put my poetry on things. I finally found my poetry book in the basement. I had looked in that same box before but, tonight I dug everything out and what do you know? There it was!! So hopefully I can share some of it with you.

It's my short day tomorrow. Looking forward to coming home and crawling into my jammie clothes and it's not even tomorrow yet. :ROFLMAO:

97980772_1397249710477690_3872511323468201984_n.jpg
I wish this for everyone today. These days with everything going on in the world, it's not easy to relax. Especially with anxiety. Most people can just chill. Many of us have to have meds for that to happen. Some days if it weren't for the meds I would definitely be getting my freak out on. LOL!

It's supposed to be 71° today with rain. I'm looking forward to getting off early. I'm having corn dogs with mac-n-cheese for supper. That's all I know so far this morning. Gonna drink my coffee and go for a browse.

20200521-Psalm-91-4.jpg
Been a busy day. Things are beginning to pick back up at work now. Out patient census was 130 today. Boss is talking about going back to our normal hours 1st of June. Then we'll see what happens I guess. I want to take a few days off but, I may need the ETO again this fall if this virus comes back.

Last edited:
Today has been a very quiet and lonesome day. Some days I regret getting the internet. I got it to stay in touch with my people who could care less if they keep in touch or not. I'm spending $75 a mo. to sit here and talk to myself. Oh the fun Ima havin'.

I've never been much of a people person. There are very few that I accept and that I'm willing to put up with and call friend. When those very people decided to break contact with me it hurt me and made me really angry. You can't call someone a friend if you make zero effort to interact with them.

The parents keep in touch. But that's all. Might have to go find some other things to do. Spend less time online. I have a game membership at Pogo.com. Might have to start playing more games and start working out again and trying to watch my diet. The house needs to be cleaned. Might start on that with my 3 day weekend. I've been pondering getting rid of a bunch of crap in storage that I'm not using. The stuff has been with me since the divorce of 98. Might as well make the sanitation workers earn their keep. For $15 a mo. to pick up trash...hell yeah!

I need to check the oil in the van this weekend because I'm gonna need to order groceries online again soon. Gonna need to pick those up and I haven't checked the oil for a while. I've seen the results of that. It wasn't pretty. I'm working till close on Friday. Won't be much going on here for memorial day weekend with it raining the whole time.

If anyone else has anxiety here, I got this link with a 100 symptoms. I can tick off most of those. Makes for an interesting read to say the least.

Symptoms of Anxiety

42fr6p.jpg

Another day is here. :rolleyes: 😆

I have a Keurig for my coffee. These things are so fickle. I have two cup sizes. There's an 8 oz. and a 10 oz. This silly thing...even though it's clean it can't make up it's mind what size of coffee it's gonna give me. I can't use my 8 oz. cups because I never know if thing will spit out 10 oz. and overflow it. I'm actually debating on going to the store once we get to phase 4 (if we get there) and buying a coffee maker and some grounds again and going back to brewed coffee.

I like the ones with the little timers on them so you can set it to start perking right before you wake up so it's ready to go. ~Grins~ I think my morning coffee is the favorite part of my day.

Looks like it will be warm today and we'll be getting rained on. I have the shrimp basket to contend with today at the fryer. And it's grease changing day. I'm so excited. :cautious:

Have a great day everyone!

Had a pretty crappy day. Deactivated my Facebook acct. because of it. I'm 54 yrs. old. I should be able to post what I want on my own Facebook page without my 70+ yr old father smarting off in my posts or telling me what I can or can't post or insulting me. Made me so mad I deleted my acct. I've had enough of the whole FB drama crap anyway. I would never dream of going onto his page and telling him he's gonna have another heart attack if he keeps posting things about our president. Or whatever else he posts.

My tolerance for people's disrespect is on the downhill slope as I age. In order to avoid saying something hateful, I just said the hell with it and deleted the acct. I've been thinking about deleting it for a while now anyway. The only reason I was on there was to have some fun and people have just managed to ruin most of it.

I have better things to do with my time than allow my father to make me feel like 🤬. I have 83 friends besides my dad on there that don't even act like I exist so it's pretty pointless stay on there.

Gonna try to get some housework done over the 3 day weekend. Found out today the boss changed his mind. Instead of going back to normal hrs. on June first, we will be going back to normal next week on Tues. Drats! LOL!!

Sitting here this evening and thinking about the fact that America is supposedly a free country. But, it really isn't. Not when you actually think about it. We don't really have free speech or the freedom to have our own thoughts and opinions. To celebrate things we enjoy. Because there's always someone there ready to stomp your ideals into the ground if they don't match up to theirs.

Someone always there ready to pounce and be offended by the actions, words or thoughts of another. Honestly...it's ridiculous. Makes it difficult for people to get along with one another. Makes it difficult for people to even want to try.
Regardless of whether someone will come after you for your opinions and whatnot, America is definitely a free country where you can express yourself even if no one else agrees with you. Unless you spout hate speech no crime has been committed. What you are stating is dissatisfaction with those who disagree with you. Has nothing to do with lack of freedoms. Who cares what others may say or do in the event they don't like what you do or enjoy? We enjoy freedoms other countries seldom ever have enjoyed. I think you should re-evaluate your comment.

42k522.jpg

Hope everyone's Saturday is starting out nicely. I just got up a little bit ago. I'm having some coffee and preparing to clean the bathroom. I've got plans to order pizza later. Might have a little toast for now.

I think I can go a few more days without groceries. I still have stuff to eat. Might need to survey the amt. of smaller items I need like Tylenol or things like that. I can order those and swing over for a pick up after work. I still won't go into the store. Not till we get to phase out. Then I will still be masking.

Here's a couple of interesting things to read.
Band names inspired by history

And...
Facts we never knew about Mr Rogers

Ok. Bathroom is done except for the floor and I gotta rest. LOL!

Plus I just grabbed the mail and guess what? It's checkbook balance day! 🥳😒

Ok...that nasty business is done. Working on my second cup of coffee now. Then I'm off to tackle dishes.

I'm excited. I have a HUGE order in for Pizza Hut. Food for a few days. I like that rather than always having to get food from the store. Keeps me in groceries a little longer. I prefer to go out for pick up when I have to leave the house. Less trips.

They must be having a bad day at the pizza place. The delivery kid was in a nasty mood. I've never seen them like that. I was surprised. Maybe he's mad about the no contact deliveries or something. They make them mask and wear gloves and some folks get mad when they're forced to do that.

100073731_2920642231316176_7698472782065041408_n.jpg
For as long as I've known God...he has shown me time and time again that he is control by sticking me in situations where I had absolutely no control. I had to totally rely on him and his care to get me through. I'm ever so thankful for the love and care he provides every day of my life.

Last edited:
Very restless tonight. It's like I have RLS or something. Geez! I hate nights like this. I think it's just because I've been so upset lately. It's hard sometimes to let things go when they're bothering you. But sometimes that's the only way you can ever relax. Sometimes I wonder if things were worse if I'd be falling apart completely or if I'd be hangin in there like now because God's got my back. I'm just getting tired of living in survival mode.
Found this article this evening. Pretty helpful if anyone is interested.
Survival Mode

Everything is always for people with friends and family. Never much for people who don't have anyone in their lives to help them. That's kinda crappy.

Sometimes I wonder if this "survival mode" has been going on so long because of continual issues in my life. Ones that aren't going to be going away for one reason or another. Sometimes I wonder if part of the stress I endure every day is due to working in the healthcare setting. Part of my job is to support and feed others through the day but, who looks after the caregivers? You devote your life to being a part of a team that helps others and there's no one to look after you and help take care of you.

Especially if you're alone. It's up to you to do it all. All by yourself. At the end of the day you are all you have. That's not an easy life to live. It's actually a very demanding life. And as things get more desperate for me, I find myself doing like she said in that article...tossing the things I don't need overboard. Right now, anything that makes matters worse seems to be getting tossed out of my boat. Too many leaks and I'm here by myself trying to fix them all and keep the boat afloat. If I lose the oars to the boat I'm in trouble.

Sometimes when people are overwhelmed by life in general, they over react to a lot of things. I am guilty of this. I don't have the time or energy for negatives in my life. I get plenty of that at work and in other areas of life. I am trying to take care of me. After all this time...I am finally trying to take care of me. I can't worry about anyone else right now. Things have gotten more dire for me & need attn. soon. I don't have a husband to take part of the problems off my hands or family that can pitch in or friends that can help out. It's all on me, all the time. I am the bread winner, the bill payer, the cook, the maid, the grocery shopper, the one that my place of employment relies on to do certain jobs that others can't be trusted with. I am my own comforter. My own caregiver.

I don't have kids or grandkids to help out. I have no one but myself to help get me through every day, all day, 365 days a year. I have to be my own companion and make my own fun. I have to do all the worrying about things by myself. That's a lot of pressure for one person. If I'd been a single mom yet, I'd have gone crackers for sure. I have spent many a night exhausted and in tears just trying to keep it together. Now I'm just here trying to survive each day to make it to the next. It would be nice to have a shoulder to cry on but, I don't have time for that crap either. Sometimes I will lay here and just have a good cry and unload as much of it as I can. Sometimes I write just to get it out and get it expressed in a safe way. It's easier to write about being in a rage than it is to be in an actual rage and lose your job. 😁

I know I'm not alone. I know there are others who've had just as difficult if not worse lives. I'm not whining. Just expressing myself. I know things could be so much worse. I know there are children in 3rd world countries who are starving for love and for food. I get all that. But we all have problems and our problems are important to us. We all need an outlet. I'm not looking for advice or to have my story critiqued, just getting it off my chest.

Gonna try to go back to sleep now.

Last edited:
f33d40a091eccafa7d183e9ff2372c5b.jpg
I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I just got up so I got started on my coffee.
Having asthma and COPD, one of the first things I have to do is a breathing treatment with a nebulizer machine. Back when I was 17 I didn't believe anything could hurt me. I was wrong obviously. Now after that 25 yr. stint of smoking 2 packs a day, I am paying the price.

You factor in this mask situation and the heat and I'm having a whale of a time. So when I hear the others whining about having to wear the masks...I just laugh because they have no clue what it's like for me. I barely got enough oxygen flow as it is and they're complaining.

Starting Tuesday the cafeteria will be back to being open 6:30a to 6:30p. We'll be back to working full days with no more going home at 3:00p. May have to look and see if I might have enough ETO to take a few days off in October if they're not all spoken for already. They shouldn't be. Most of my cohorts like their vacays in the summer. I prefer fall since that is my fave time of the year.

Have a good day...I'm gonna go see what's up in the forums.​

In Phase 3 they are losing the whole masking thing so I'm concerned about what will happen at work when they make us take our masks off. I really don't think they should have the right to force us to do that. If I get sick because they wouldn't let me mask I'm gonna be pissed. Plus, what if I get sick and everyone else gets exposed? You never know when or where you will get sick and expose others to this crap.

In Phase 3 they are losing the whole masking thing so I'm concerned about what will happen at work when they make us take our masks off. I really don't think they should have the right to force us to do that. If I get sick because they wouldn't let me mask I'm gonna be pissed. Plus, what if I get sick and everyone else gets exposed? You never know when or where you will get sick and expose others to this crap.
I can't understand why they would require staff to work without masks. Hopefully staff will have the option to mask-up if they so desire.

Back