Diets, Decaf & Other Dubious Deeds

93adc9ecc3d4cc421bed58bcaa95f45d--grumpy-cat-meme-grumpy-kitty.jpg
No numbers yet from my usual source however...our CMO updated us via email. We are currently housing 33 COVID patients and we had 82 more test positive from the weekend. And this is only Tuesday!

We have another staff member out with it. We're so shorthanded right now that I have to work the salad bar shift Wed and Fri at 7 AM and part of my job responsibilities is passing breakfast trays to patients. I sure hope that first shot is working. I'm a little nervous. We don't have to pass to any COVID patients cuz the nurses do that. Thank God. We only have one isolation type that we pass too and that's just one that requires a mask only. We have to wear surgical masks and one of those isn't going to be enough for me to feel safe so I will be wearing my cloth mask with a filter in it underneath the surg. mask. Plus the safety glasses. IN EVERY ROOM! I ain't messing around.

So I won't be on for a couple nights this week because I gotta be up before the butt crack of dawn.

Have a great day!

@katlupe the whole week has been just awful but so far i'm ok. getting my 2nd dose of the vaccine monday afternoon. if i make it. all the employees around me are getting covid. we've had 2 now that got exposed prior to their vaccine so now they have COVID. i hope i don't get it. but these people have been more lax in their protective measures. we are critically short handed at work right now. another couple people are out with it. the one of the ones i just mentioned and our supervisor's son has it so now she's in quarantine. it will be a miracle if i manage to stay healthy.
~♥~
Today's numbers....FINALLY!
The total for the county is now 4,638, with 1,857 cases that are actively being monitored by the Health Department. We are getting over a hundred new cases every other day. We've got 72 dead now.

Ok...so far this is my experience with my Pfizer vaccine.
I received my first one on the 21st of Dec. Day one I experienced some arm pain but less than what I've experienced in the past with the flu shot. I was more tired than usual. Felt a little droopy mentally. I had off and on nausea.
Second day arm pain went away after ibuprofen and a couple hrs. Same with a slight headache I woke up with. I was tired on day two with off and on nausea and no fever but felt like I was having a day long hot flash.

Today I went for my second dose. They let me sit for 30 min again just like last time. You only need to sit for 15 but I felt safer sitting for 30. I went for my shot at 12:30 and it's now 3 P.M. and so far I'm just tired. As the day goes on I will update you if anything changes. Tomorrow morning I will let you know how things are with my second day. Some of the girls at work had a fever the next morning but it passed after a while. It's an expected side effect. I will keep you all posted.

@MarciKS , I'm so glad you've gotten the vaccine. Stay well and thanks for letting us know of your experiences; it's so helpful for the rest of us! 🌹
Love your vaccine updates...thank you! Makes it less scary for the rest of us still waitng💕
that's the point. i want you to see that not everyone is going to have some life threatening event. i was scared to death when i got mine. i don't want anyone else to be scared to death when they get theirs. i would suggest speaking with your dr first.

Finally feeling a lot better. Slept a lot today. Hopefully I can sleep tonight. I got an earlier shift tomorrow. I have to be the lead cuz our lead has to be the grill cook. Only a few more days then I'm supposed to be off the weekend. Hope I get to be. I need groceries and rest.

I need to get the house cleaned up and give the landlord a holler about the bathtub faucet. It's leaking some. Looks like it's been caulked before. *Rolls Eyes* I have no way of turning the water off or I'd caulk it myself but it may be something that requires more work so it's not leaking under the house too. Probably gonna hafta drag a bunch of stuff out of the closet so he can get to the opening. Such a hassle.

@MarciKS Thank you for the posts on your covid shot.
It will help us when it comes our turn.
I happy you didn't experience severe side effects, and you're on your way.
TAKE CARE........STAY SAFE.
Just keep in mind that the media is having a field day blowing this way out of proportion. As far as I know we've had no serious incidents with our vaccines at our facility. And you are more than welcome.

If I get anymore info on either of the vaccines I'll pass it along.

Gonna be another super windy day. I might not be on this evening as this kind of weather really takes it out of me. It makes me struggle to breathe more and tends to just wipe me out. I will likely crash early this evening.

We had two employees return this week. I'm not sure but supposedly the grill might be open today till 2 P.M. I'm cooking so I will be in the back. They've been doing the schedule one week at a time because it's been so bad.

I gotta try to remember to grab a vacation sheet so I can try to get something scheduled for April. Hopefully they'll let us have vacation again by then. Have a good day everyone.

don't mind me...just bookmarking something. LOL

Back