Mass Murderers. Mental Health Care Needs Help Without the Gov't. Stop Wasting Time Talking Guns. Fix These People Before it Happens

If your dream is to be a great serial killer, all you need is a pair of hands; but to be a great mass killer , you need an automatic weapon.
Well, there are probably other ways to do it, Fuzzybuddy, if you think hard enough, but basically you're right. The automatic weapons certainly make it a lot easier.

I have never yet heard any reason on earth that anyone (outside of the military) would need or want an automatic weapon, unless they want to be able to kill as many people as possible. Which certainly is mental illness!

Members of my family are/were mentally ill. My uncle served and was at Pearl Harbor. He was never the same after the attack. Spent the entire rest of his life at home with his mom until she died. Then lived with a sister until he died. Never had a life.

And you would euthanize him?

JUST WHEN YOU THINK YOU COULD NOT POSSIBLY HAVE A LOWER OPINION OF SOMEONE’s OPINION, They reset the bar.

Then what's your answer/opinion. One is either part of the problem or part of the solution.

BTW, it was a scenario suggestion........Not an opinion.

Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon, has a net worth of $177 Billion as of April 20, 2021. Up $65 Billion since last year
He could take care of this in no time. You don't get more filthy rich than that.
What is he planning on doing with it? What is he waiting for??

What do you suggest he do ?

Forbes says Jeff Bezos net worth is $199 Billion....apparently it is multiplying at such a fast rate that it's hard to keep up with the updates.

Here's how he spends his money...buying Real Estate, a $75 Million Private Jet, and his Space Exploration Company....link below
Why not take care of his neighbors first!

https://www.businessinsider.com/jeff-bezos-net-worth-life-spending-2018-8#:~:text=Bezos'%20net%20worth%20is%20an,and%20his%20space%20exploration%20company.

Someday soon he can just buy China and Russia and we won't have to worry about them anymore.

So are you suggesting how he should spend his money ?

How much [on a percentage basis] do you spend on your neighbors ?

From most that I have read & heard, many of these billionaires are actually quite generous with their money.

I have always maintained that the Victorians had the right
idea about lots of things and one was mental health or the
control of it, they had these great big buildings that were
called "Insane Asylums", the NHS changed the name to
"Mental Hospitals", but as they were all in lovely locations
with large grounds, they sold them and now there mental
health problems,

Persistent criminals, even those who carry out Petty Crimes
should I believe be incarcerated in an Asylum, this seems to
hold a stigma, much bigger than that of being sent to Jail.

That would cut back a lot of crime I think.

Mike.

I have always maintained that the Victorians had the right
idea about lots of things and one was mental health or the
control of it, they had these great big buildings that were
called "Insane Asylums", the NHS changed the name to
"Mental Hospitals", but as they were all in lovely locations
with large grounds, they sold them and now there mental
health problems,

That would cut back a lot of crime I think.

Mike.
I think any man who treats a women badly, even a little bit badly, repeatedly or not is guilty of repeated abuse, petty or otherwise, and should be sent to your asylum. Bullies, of either sex, should be incarcerated as well.

Especially the two year old bullies who throw sand and rocks and spit and hit. Nasty little things they are. Bullies usually move on to bigger crimes, and, of course, you must be mentally ill to bully anyone.

Repeated traffic tickets, shoplifting, price changing, trespassing, harassing, swearing in public, loitering, passionate public displays of affection, and any other repeated petty crimes or offensive behavior surely indicates mental illness; and rates incarcerating the repeated offender.

Let us fill the asylums up!!!

I could go on, but why bother? After all, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result. 😂😂😂

I think any man who treats a women badly, even a little bit badly, repeatedly or not is guilty of repeated abuse, petty or otherwise, and should be sent to your asylum. Bullies, of either sex, should be incarcerated as well.

Especially the two year old bullies who throw sand and rocks and spit and hit. Nasty little things they are. Bullies usually move on to bigger crimes, and, of course, you must be mentally ill to bully anyone.

Repeated traffic tickets, shoplifting, price changing, trespassing, harassing, swearing in public, loitering, passionate public displays of affection, and any other repeated petty crimes or offensive behavior surely indicates mental illness; and rates incarcerating the repeated offender.

I could go on, but why bother? After all, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result. 😂😂😂
Aneeda are you ok ? :confused:

So are you suggesting how he should spend his money ?

How much [on a percentage basis] do you spend on your neighbors ?

From most that I have read & heard, many of these billionaires are actually quite generous with their money.
I've pretty much left my thread because of those who can't seem to focus on mental health but rather on guns and politics and some weird stuff....and you know who she is...A. I just don't discuss guns and politics. It's over-discussed. But since you are focused on Mental Health I'm happy to answer your questions.

I don't share how much I give to others because it can be construed as boastful, but I will say that the Bible says it should be at least "10% of our first fruits" (meaning our gross income, not net).

However, if my gross income or net worth was as obscene as $200 Billion or any of the other richest 1% in the country then I would flip that 10% to be...me keeping 10% (or much less) for myself (and family) and donating 90% (or more) to charity and worthy causes such as Mental Health Care and neurological research that would benefit the entire planet....and that's what I suggest regarding "how he should spend his money".

But you're right, I should not have assumed that just because he's buying real estate, exploring space, and buying a $75 Million Private Jet, that it means he's not doing enough for others. Personally, if I had $200 Billion, I would not buy a $75 Million Jet though.

I just read the full article on what Jeff Bezos is doing with his money. I'm not impressed but he's not as public about it as Bill Gates is.

Last edited:
I've pretty much left my thread because of those who can't seem to focus on mental health but rather on guns and politics and some weird stuff. I just don't discuss guns and politics. It's over-discussed. But since you are focused on Mental Health I'm happy to answer your questions.

I don't share how much I give to others because it can be construed as boastful, but I will say that the Bible says it should be at least "10% of our first fruits" (meaning our gross income, not net).

However, if my gross income or net worth was as obscene as $200 Billion or any of the other richest 1% in the country then I would flip that 10% to be...me keeping 10% (or much less) for myself (and family) and donating 90% (or more) to charity and worthy causes such as Mental Health Care and neurological research that would benefit the entire planet....and that's what I suggest regarding "how he should spend his money".

But you're right, I should not have assumed that just because he's buying real estate, exploring space, and buying a $75 Million Private Jet, that it means he's not doing enough for others. Personally, if I had $200 Billion, I would not buy a $75 Million Jet though.

I just read the full article on what Jeff Bezos is doing with his money. I'm not impressed but he's not as public about it as Bill Gates is.
Since money and the Bible has been brought up by the OP, just let me say that the early Catholic church required members of the priesthood to give up everything they owned to the church. It was more about greed, IMO, than gaining a devout man for the priesthood. And the Bible was written by men after the death of JC.

I have doubts about the “10%” rule. I believe it is written in the Bible that JC said something about if you are to follow me you must give up everything-to a rich man. JC didn’t say, as far as I know, give up 10%. I am sure @Lara can provide the exact info from the Bible, as my paraphrasing is pathetic.

I believe JUDGING others for how they spend their money or how they should spend their money is also addressed in the Bible. As in we are not supposed to judge the actions of others. In addition, it says something about a gold coin and JC replies leave to Caesar what is Caesars and leave to me what is mine-but this might have a discussion about taxes.

But I agree with Lara. If I had 200 Billion dollars, I would not buy a jet, no matter how much it cost. I am not supposed to fly. 😌

Aneeda, you said your "paraphrasing is pathetic." ...Yes, as is everything else you said

I'm sorry but I won't argue religion nor politics in a thread about how to help those with Mental Health issues.

And I won't respond to any private conversation messages you send me, as you did, threatening to try to get this thread closed.

Last edited:

Aneeda, your list of offenses requiring incarceration in a mental asylum is brilliant! But you omitted a few. How about women who wear white after Labor Day? Setting a table with the large fork on the left, instead of the salad fork? Smoking anything, anywhere? Constantly having one's nose a couple of inches from the cell phone? (Well, maybe I'd agree with that one. 😁)

For the admirers of Victorian morality, google the lyrics of the song "My Object So Sublime" from Gilbert and Sullivan's The Mikado. They had it right!

My object so sublime I shall achieve in time:
To let the punishment fit the crime....

All prosy, dull society sinners who chatter and bleat and bore
Are sent to hear sermons from mystical Germans who preach from 10 till 4....

and so on.

😂 l did not threaten you @Lara.

In a post you said that I wanted to start posting political posts so the thread would be closed. So I send you a PRIVATE message, which I will go look at and print here word for word, rather than paraphrase, and invite others who want to view it, to view it. I think I can do that, I will try.

But, I would like to see the thread closed and removed. I find @rgp post inappropriate, apparently you did not.

Inappropriate. Who died and left you boss? I'm deeply offended by your efforts to censor because YOU don't like something, no matter what your reason.
I'm speechless. I have no speech.
It’s an opinion, I am entitled to my opinion and I think suggesting that the mentally ill be euthanized, is inappropriate. You @Pepper are free to think it is. @Pepper I invited you to read what I wrote to @Lara.

@Pepper perhaps you missed @rgp post #75.

Here is what I wrote in a private conversation to @Lara in response to her post #2 and 3.

i titled it “Locked Thread”. And I said “Actually, I think the thread should not only locked but removed. But I am not in charge. If I were, it would have been locked as soon as it was started.”

This statement contains no threat as Lara claimed. And it is clear that I am giving an opinion as in “I think ” such and such should be done. Anyone who wants an “invite” to read this private conversation statement, for themselves, let me know. I will invite you to the conversation.

As for @rgp statement that the mentally ill should be euthanized, post #75. I found the statement to be inappropriate and despite @Pepper outrage, I still find the statement inappropriate. I’ll go a step further it is offensive and disgusting to me.

One of my great granddaughters starting showing signs of mental illness at age 3. She is now 5. Who on the forum would like to euthanize her? -I could say more, but why bother. Who died and left me boss? @Pepper Well, I am the boss of my opinion as you are the boss of yours.

Aneeda, you said your "paraphrasing is pathetic." ...Yes, as is everything else you said

I'm sorry but I won't argue religion nor politics in a thread about how to help those with Mental Health issues.

And I won't respond to any private conversation messages you send me, as you did, threatening to try to get this thread closed.
You are entitled to refer to everything I have said as pathetic. It is your opinion. But I do notice that you often attack others when they question what you write, as you have attacked me. I also notice when you are disagreed with you claim a discussion is an argument; which it is not. But we have discussed this before. No need to do so now.

I have already noted that I did not threaten you. I have not attacked you. And, I did not expect a response from you as I simply made a private response to something you said to me, to avoid open conflict; which you apparently prefer. But, again, no response necessary or expected.

Last edited:
Fortunately, the United States Constitution does not permit it, even for felony recidivism.

Just looking at Lara's awesome thread title again and wondering about, "fix these people before it happens." How are we supposed to know someone is going to commit a mass murder before it happens? How would they be fixed?

The large majority of people who have a mental illness never do anything violent. You can't go by whether or not a person has been admitted to a psychiatric hospital because those are the very ones who get help and start medication and once medicated they are less likely than the average guy to do something violent. Actually the most fatal mental illness, the one with most hospital admittance, is anorexia and I don't think we have to worry about them as mass murderers.

Should we ask human resources workers to figure out which disgruntled employee is most likely to come back and kill everyone?

I suppose we could use RPG's criteria and euthanize anyone who does anything weird, but then after reading his post again, I think RPG himself might be the first one to go.

Part of living in a free society is that we don't seriously make these judgements about others. We don't expect violence from people based on their looks or their health problems or even their eccentric behavior. Because who's going to make the rules? I'm sitting here right now wearing a t-shirt that clashes with my pajama bottoms! Should I be fixed before it gets worse?

Thank you for this on-topic post, Della. You asked how do we know someone is going to commit mass murder before it happens. Well, let me share my story with you. We can't predict the future but that doesn't mean there aren't any men out there with uncontrollable anger and violent tendencies that need an evaluation first and then treatment before they hurt someone or many. Here's my story I've never shared online....but needs to be told.

I've known one and it's frightening beyond measure. In fact, he told me he wanted to kill me and others. I rolled up the windows and locked the doors but I wasn't fast enough and he had half his arm in the window. Believe it or not, I wanted to help him because I believed he would hurt lots of people if I didn't. He was big and strong and would charge at me and then puff his chest out to scare me. I could share so much but would take a book.

After he broke many heavy items, throwing them through the air, and spending time in prison at the age of 17-18, he finally agreed to go to a clinic for an evaluation....but he didn't think anything was wrong with him. Nothing. He even told me he wanted to shoot up a church just like one of the mass murderers did. And had watched instructions online for all sorts of things to carry it out. The police only made things worse and prison made him even more worse..then let him go....so I was holding off to go to the police...yet.

I know you're thinking he should have been locked up and thrown away the key but I truly believed there was goodness deep down inside...very deep but I felt he could be reached and changed for the good. I wasn't ready to give up on this young man. So...

I got him to apply for the Conservation Corps that takes young men out of prison and that was an amazing help...but...when he was finished he went back to his old self.

So then I got him to agree to go to a mental health clinic...he filled out the paperwork there as if he had no problems! He told them nothing was wrong with him and it was me. He had himself and them so convinced they looked at me as the crazy one. I wanted to fill it out truthfully for him and of course wasn't allowed. They took him behind closed doors and said he had no problems when they finished.

Also, he had no money to pay them for help. So they had no desire to help him imo. It was a "Non-profit" but that's doesn't mean you don't have to pay. It only means they'll set up a payment schedule. I wasn't going to pay big money out of my pocket and he had no insurance.

He then agreed to go to a mental health facility. We walked in the door through 2 armed police officers and sat down to have him committed. They asked him if he thought he was threat to society or to himself. He convinced them that he wasn't a threat. They dismissed us.

I gave up with the government and the system but followed him for years and years to protect society from him. I would get calls many nights having to talk him through stuff and he traveled from town to town on the run. Living homeless. Drugs. My kids were worried sick he would come and kill me. But I felt I was the only one to protect society from him...and I still believed he could change.

To make a long story short...well, too late for that lol. He is now a grown man, a Christian, has a steady job, an apartment, a car, no alcohol, no drugs, and a little rough around the edges but doing much better socially. He "feels" for once. He used to have no conscience, no love for others. That has all changed.

He says he wants to take care of me when I get old....uh...no lol....I told him my kids have already offered.

This is why I started this thread. It's my heart and soul but unfortunately has had some bumps in the road. It's also had 5 or 6 solutions suggested so that's great!

Last edited:
Just looking at Lara's awesome thread title again and wondering about, "fix these people before it happens." How are we supposed to know someone is going to commit a mass murder before it happens? How would they be fixed?

The large majority of people who have a mental illness never do anything violent. You can't go by whether or not a person has been admitted to a psychiatric hospital because those are the very ones who get help and start medication and once medicated they are less likely than the average guy to do something violent. Actually the most fatal mental illness, the one with most hospital admittance, is anorexia and I don't think we have to worry about them as mass murderers.

Should we ask human resources workers to figure out which disgruntled employee is most likely to come back and kill everyone?

I suppose we could use RPG's criteria and euthanize anyone who does anything weird, but then after reading his post again, I think RPG himself might be the first one to go.

Part of living in a free society is that we don't seriously make these judgements about others. We don't expect violence from people based on their looks or their health problems or even their eccentric behavior. Because who's going to make the rules? I'm sitting here right now wearing a t-shirt that clashes with my pajama bottoms! Should I be fixed before it gets worse?

Back