Polyamory

Society decides what is normal.
But it is not carved in stone. Norms are constantly shifting. It used to be normal to own slaves in the south. The question is who if anyone is it hurting? That should be our concern. Consenting adults in private. What they do is between themselves. If an action is not interfering with the rights of others nor hurting anyone then we need to mind our own business. If you don't like it don't do it.

If this person does join in and contribute, I think you will be genuinely surprised.

I don't care that much. I have a wonderful marriage and would never do anything to jeopardize it. Morals aside, I think people who engage in this kind of behavior are promiscuous idiots.

I don't care that much. I have a wonderful marriage and would never do anything to jeopardize it. Morals aside, I think people who engage in this kind of behavior are promiscuous idiots.
There’s so much I’d love to say but it’s not my place. You are entitled to your opinion. I really hope this person comments here on the topic. It’s fascinating . I personally can’t relate to anything you’ve said regarding the topic.

Actually I got polyamory and polygamous mixed up. Polyamory is about sexual and romantic relationships with more than one partner. Polygamy involves being married to more than one partner and it often involves a religious element to it. The person I speak of was in a polygamous marriage.

There’s so much I’d love to say but it’s not my place. You are entitled to your opinion. I really hope this person comments here on the topic. It’s fascinating . I personally can’t relate to anything you’ve said regarding the topic.

The topic is polyamory. Polygamy is a whole different thing.

I'm sorry you can't relate to things I say, and I'll leave it at that.

I don’t care that much either. I’m not sure what exactly you thought I was getting at but i also have a wonderful marriage and wouldn’t do anything to jeopardize it.
Morals aside, I don’t have a clue about the character of such people. Since I thought the topic was about polygamy and I know someone who shared their experience about it, I thought I’d mention it. The person who shared this lifestyle shed a completely different perspective which was the furthest from promiscuous. I found the story very interesting.

Then again, why would I even answer such a topic? It must mean I have some type of interest and if I have such an interest that must mean I have no morals. If I have no morals that must mean I’m a ‘bad’ person.
A female bad person.

If I share joyous positive experiences , I’m considered a show off. If I offer an answer to a question , I’m considered a know-it-all. If I have a different point of view, Im considered aggressive. If I offer something unbelievable, I must be lying. If I offer kindness, I’m being pretentious or manipulative. If I offer humour, I’m considered anything from inappropriate to rude.

And heaven forbid if I ask someone a personal question via pm, that could be considered stalking by some. 🙄

Lately I don’t seem to be doing anything right so I think it’s time to say goodbye. I seem to rub people the wrong way and I don’t know how to be anyone else but my annoying self.

Maybe I just need a long break ……

Later boys & girls? Can I still use those terms?🤷‍♀️😎

Talk care.
Stay safe.
Live, love & laugh… hard. 🥰

I don’t care that much either. I’m not sure what exactly you thought I was getting at but i also have a wonderful marriage and wouldn’t do anything to jeopardize it.
Morals aside, I don’t have a clue about the character of such people. Since I thought the topic was about polygamy and I know someone who shared their experience about it, I thought I’d mention it. The person who shared this lifestyle shed a completely different perspective which was the furthest from promiscuous. I found the story very interesting.

Then again, why would I even answer such a topic? It must mean I have some type of interest and if I have such an interest that must mean I have no morals. If I have no morals that must mean I’m a ‘bad’ person.
A female bad person.

If I share joyous positive experiences , I’m considered a show off. If I offer an answer to a question , I’m considered a know-it-all. If I have a different point of view, Im considered aggressive. If I offer something unbelievable, I must be lying. If I offer kindness, I’m being pretentious or manipulative. If I offer humour, I’m considered anything from inappropriate to rude.

And heaven forbid if I ask someone a personal question via pm, that could be considered stalking by some. 🙄

Lately I don’t seem to be doing anything right so I think it’s time to say goodbye. I seem to rub people the wrong way and I don’t know how to be anyone else but my annoying self.

Maybe I just need a long break ……

Later boys & girls? Can I still use those terms?🤷‍♀️😎

Talk care.
Stay safe.
Live, love & laugh… hard. 🥰
Keesha please don't let others run you off. I enjoy your posts and comments. There are always those who feel superior and try to make others feels dumb, incompetent or anything they can think of.

I just discovered that my oldest daughter and her husband are in an intimate relationship with another couple and have been for a year. They are now buying a big house together and all supposedly share the same bed. I was shocked because it was completely unexpected and I also wondered about the logistics of sharing the same bed. I do not disapprove however as long as that relationship does not adversely affect the kids. I have two beliefs concerning relationships: What two consenting adults do in private is no ones business but their own AND the more people you have in your life who love you the better off you are.
Good for you..I have to admit years ago I would have been shocked and judgemental. I have mellowed over the years...maybe matured is a better word?
Now I see all the moral issues differently but I do still wonder about this polyamory thing. The redeeming value to me is all are aware and consent to the 'lifestyle'. I still think jealousy could be a big problem with resultant hurt feelings but isn't that true of other situations as well.

A member here used to be in a polygamous relationship. Maybe this person will jump in and add their viewpoint and experience.
I would welcome that (y) I think the std issue would be a problem but I still think Polygamy could have advantages...but I would not go there...

I just discovered that my oldest daughter and her husband are in an intimate relationship with another couple and have been for a year. They are now buying a big house together and all supposedly share the same bed. I was shocked because it was completely unexpected and I also wondered about the logistics of sharing the same bed. I do not disapprove however as long as that relationship does not adversely affect the kids. I have two beliefs concerning relationships: What two consenting adults do in private is no ones business but their own AND the more people you have in your life who love you the better off you are.

I can almost see lawyers salivating over the eventual sale of that home, human nature being what it is... How old are the kids?

Last edited:
And no doubt you are not alone in your POV...I just more and more want to live and let live and not be as judgemental as I once was...btw...I am not calling u judgemental, I just know I once was and sometimes still am...but I am working on it...

And no doubt you are not alone in your POV...I just more and more want to live and let live and not be as judgemental as I once was...btw...I am not calling u judgemental, I just know I once was and sometimes still am...but I am working on it...

Doesn't really matter if I'm judgmental or not. I believe people have a perfect right to behave as they please as long as no one gets hurt.

Doesn't really matter if I'm judgmental or not. I believe people have a perfect right to behave as they please as long as no one gets hurt.
I just wanted to make clear I was thinking about me and no one else when I was posting about being judgemental..

Back