Says this church sign "...Facts don't matter" ?????

(This is a Bible based response for believers and unbelievers. Agree or disagree. It's your choice and I respect that because God created us to make wise choices based on our own studies that include His words as well and which are pleasing in our creator's sight.)

1. The sign in Post1...This is NOT what the Bible says. Of course facts matter. And faith matters. We are to trust God in all things but we aren't told to check our brains at the door. He created us with brains to study and discern fact from fiction, to be proactive for recognizing and choosing Good over Evil.

2. The Bible states, "Beware of false teachers"

3. Everyone is accepted and no one is turned away from gathering together to hear Jesus' teachings...unless they are there to do harm to others. Wearing a mask obviously does not harm others. Jesus said, "Come unto me ALL ye who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest". He said this often and in various ways to include everyone.

4. No church is perfect because we all disobey God to varying degrees and for various reasons. Basically, all humanity has a sin nature.

5. I attended a church once that did something very wrong. I chose to leave. They aren't all good....but they aren't all bad either. Again, you just have to use the brain God gave you to study his word and then choose wisely.
Thank you, well said.

1zwrwl4pc4e71.jpg
From my experience, this is the "philosophy" of roughly three-quarters of the US adult population, to varying degree. But even when facts are not to your liking, remember the old saying, "Hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst."

I have decided that this existential question is absolutely impossible to answer. "Did God create man, or did man create God?" I use to contemplate this daily for 30 years as a monk. Now I find that I have no interest in solving the dilemma. It hurts my health. :)
"There is beauty in the migration of the birds, healing in the repeated refrains of nature...the folded bud waiting for spring, the ebb and flow of the tides, the assurance that dawn comes after the night" ~ Rachel Carson

All I have to do is look out over vastness of the ocean and knowing the sea life beneath is a fascinating beauty to behold, the various ecosystems all working together, the mighty power of the roaring crashing waves, the beautiful moon and stars that capture our imaginations,

...the rising and setting of the sun that paints the sky in a masterpiece of colors, different every night, and gives us warmth by day.
It's a masterpiece that no artist, however great, can ever come close to capturing it's beauty though they all have tried.

The miracle of birth, no face is the same, no fingerprint is the same, all flora and fauna and all the colorful patterns that go with each one..

Therein is the answer.
But God doesn't want it to be clear at first.
He wants us to study, and then choose to believe in him without seeing him.
Love is more real when one chooses to love.

Last edited:
It is said that God helps those who help themselves. People who decide they are not going to be cautious because God is going to protect them no matter how foolish they behave are....well...foolish. God didn't say walk out in front of that bus to see if I'll work a miracle and save you from being hit. Better not to step in front of the bus. That pastor is obviously ignorant on so many levels. I wonder how he'll feel when his parishioners get COVID and die?

I trust everyone knows there are apps that let you put any message you want on church signs with the result not looking fake.
Thank you Jon for pointing out that anyone can use an app to make a sign like that. Especially by someone who hates church-goers.
I think we all agree that this pastor is ignorant...that is IF it was a pastor that did that sign.

It's all very well to quote the beautiful and good things in life when you talk of a god, but the world is not all good, so do you also accept that the same god is responsible for all the bad things too?

I studied and I chose, and I chose not believe in a 'god'.
You left Satan and Sin out of your scenario @Capt Lightning. God is good, Satan is evil. And the there's...
Man who has a sin-nature that sometimes causes natural consequences that can be very bad...tough lessons learned.

Last edited:
Thank you Jon for pointing out that anyone can use an app to make a sign like that. Especially by someone who hates church-goers.
I think we all agree that this pastor is ignorant...that is IF it was a pastor that did that sign.

If it was the Pastor...oh well. If it was someone else/s then it is even more insidious.

Yesterday, a member shared, "I saw an article the other day about a "pastor" that is telling his flock that masks are NOT allowed in church and if anyone comes with a mask, they will be asked to leave!"

This is what we all can agree is a statement SO ridiculous that I doubt seriously if the article is legitimate. If it is legit then I'm quite sure the Pastor is not legit. I would go so far as to say it's a smear campaign by a hater.

Last edited:
I've stopped myself a couple of times from posting on this thread. The first time, I was just at a loss for words after seeing the pic. The second time, I didn't want to get banned from this site. Third time's the charm...

We need to stop putting not-so-smart people in positions of power. And we need to stop making them famous and rich.

(I deleted the rest of what I originally wrote.) :censored::censored:

I attended church faithfully during my growing up years. Then, as I got older and began to observe things more closely, I began to realize that the Most Important part of the service was the passing of the Collection Plate.

I truly believe that the universe is guided by a Power far superior to anything we can imagine, and the best way to insure that our experience is positive is to try to lead an honest and productive life....and Not to become a burden to others.

Last edited:
You left Satan and Sin out of your scenario @Capt Lightning. God is good, Satan is evil. And the there's...
Man who has a sin-nature that sometimes causes natural consequences that can be very bad...tough lessons learned.
Yes, people do bad things, but many people suffer when there are no obvious causes. So, just how can man's "sin-nature" have "natural" consequences?

Yes, people do bad things, but many people suffer when there are no obvious causes. So, just how can man's "sin-nature" have "natural" consequences?
The people doing bad things I guess are those that abuse the free will to do good. Finding a way to attribute only good works if you leave out new born children with birth defects as only one example of the mercy & goodness not extended to innocents.

https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/birthdefects/data.html

I just don't understand why only good is attributed.

I have faith in God and I'm a believer in Jesus but I'm not a believer in churches. Many years ago, when my ex was running around with a gal from our church, I asked the minister to talk to my husband. Know what he said? "I don't want to get involved." That's when I lost my faith in churches.
I do understand. My Faith is in God not the Church. I understand Preachers/Pastors are not perfect and I feel too many people put too much Faith in them. When my sister died I called the Church where I was a member to help in whatever way they could (as my sister did not have a life insurance policy) long story short - no one called me back. However, I have to say, they reached out when my mother passed away.

A friend of mine told me to call this other Church because they were very good in helping families.. I called, was suppose to get a call back - you can guess what happened?? Nevertheless, everything worked out.

Back