School shooting in Nashville!!

A British woman and her US serviceman husband have been released by police following their arrest along with her father over the 'targeted' double shooting of her ex-lover and his father in a row over custody of her son, MailOnline can exclusively reveal.

Samantha Stephen and her husband Paul Stephen - a serviceman from Ohio who works for the US Airforce based at RAF Mildenhall in Suffolk - have been told that they face no further action.

Ms Stephen's father Stephen Alderton is continuing to be questioned by detectives over the killing of her former partner Joshua Dunmore and his father Gary Dunmore.

The Dunmores were gunned down in separate attacks in two villages in Cambridgeshire six miles apart on Wednesday night in the bitter fall out from a custody battle, police said they believed yesterday.

Joshua, 32, was found dead at a house in an upmarket newbuild estate in Bluntisham after police received reports of gunshots. Around half an hour later, his father Gary, 57, was also found dead at his flat in Sutton.

Mr Stephen, 66, is accused of conspiring to murder the father and son.
Update on the story I posted... I'm delighted to be able to say that the American has been released from Police custody with no charges... instead the Father -in-law has been held...

Last edited:
Never underestimate what an Ohio family will do to get custody.

Wkipedia:The Pike County Shootings, also known as the Pike County Massacre, occurred on the night of April 21–22, 2016, when eight people – all belonging to the Rhoden family – were shot and killed in four homes in Pike County, Ohio.
It's never about love for the child or you wouldn't be killing the people they love. It's about possession, money and control.

So it's not the drugs it's the coffee!;)

I agree about the problem of parents in denial. I was sorry Adam Lanza shot his mother before going to Sandy Hook elementary because I wanted her to live and answer for her incredibly stupid decision to buy guns for her son who was so disturbed he hadn't left his bedroom in years. In my house we not only don't have guns, we don't have knives except for one small paring knife and yes I can carve a turkey with that thing.

But I think there's another type of denial going on. With 54% of the 45,000 gun deaths in 2020 being suicide by gun, clearly it's not just the mentally ill who shouldn't have guns in the house. If you have anyone in your house with a gambling problem, anyone with serious financial problems, anyone unemployed, a teenager of any type, then you should think twice about having that gun easily accessible.
Part of responsible gun ownership is not having guns easily accessible. These open in 1 second - but only for authorized persons.
V-Line Pistol Safe,  Mechanical Lock,  23 lbs,  Handguns,  Valuables 1394-S FBLK

Not in L.A. Law was passed a few years ago.
Even in states where open carry is permitted, people are often harassed by some police officers who don't like it. Many such incidents on "YouTube."
I'm not in favor of open carry, anyway.
Open carry makes a lot of people nervous and people will chase you out of stores, etc. It’s OK for the cowboys in Montana and such, but not a good idea for us civilians.

So, let me see if I understand .... If you steal and use my gun to shoot someone , it is [as per your logic] somehow my fault ?
He was one of the killers and in my opinion gave his second gun to the other killer. So is it his fault or is it not? Of course it is.

Last edited:
He was one of the killers and in my opinion gave his second gun to the other killer. So is it his fault or is it not? Of course it is.

If evidence indeed supports him as being one of the killers ... yes. But not because we think or propose that he may have given one of his guns to anyone.

Now are we talking about the oldman ? ... or the American serviceman ? who it seems [as per @hollydolly] has been exonerated.

I was at the range this morning shooting my pistols. A fellow I know from the community where I live came over and handed me his AR-15 and told me to fire off a few rounds. Jokingly, I told him ‘you know this is an automatic, right?’ They are a very impressive weapon.

Having questions to answer .... is a far cry from the accusation & being charged with the murder.
Agreed, and I am not suggesting that he is guilty of any crime because I know very little about this crime of murder that has taken place. There are questions that remain in my mind but it is up to the police to decide whether to lay charges.

Criminalize the sale and possession of all semI automatic weapons, as well as devices like the bump stock.
I'm all for outlawing AR-15 style rifles, which are high-capacity semi-automatic rifles and have been used in many of the most deadly mass killings. But there are also semi-automatic pistols which should remain legal for home protection (in my opinion). Bump stocks were outlawed in 2019 because they, in effect, turn semi-automatic rifles, such as the AR-15, into machineguns, which are illegal.

Agreed, and I am not suggesting that he is guilty of any crime because I know very little about this crime of murder that has taken place. There are questions that remain in my mind but it is up to the police to decide whether to lay charges.

And once again, as per @hollydolly in an earlier post/reply, he has been exonerated of charges.

Could they [the authorities] change their minds ? Of course, but for now he has been cleared.

And once again, as per @hollydolly in an earlier post/reply, he has been exonerated of charges.

Could they [the authorities] change their minds ? Of course, but for now he has been cleared.
Yes, you have a point. Obviously there cannot be any suggestion that he participated in the murders of he would also have been charged.

Exonerated is not really a legal term. It has a rather broad meaning. I preferred your word - cleared. Should additional evidence come to light he could still face lesser charges relating to his gun ownership, such as careless securing of a dangerous weapon.

I don't really understand what got into the head of the grandfather though. I wonder what made him snap and go after two victims miles apart.

Yes, you have a point. Obviously there cannot be any suggestion that he participated in the murders of he would also have been charged.

Exonerated is not really a legal term. It has a rather broad meaning. I preferred your word - cleared. Should additional evidence come to light he could still face lesser charges relating to his gun ownership, such as careless securing of a dangerous weapon.

I don't really understand what got into the head of the grandfather though. I wonder what made him snap and go after two victims miles apart.

Can not answer what got into the head of grandpa. We never know what is in/on the mind of anyone.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/exonerated

Back