School shooting in Nashville!!

First it was a teenager. Then a 28 yo woman. Wrong and wrong: it was a TRANS‼️ Found this 👇 on Twitter, but it must be just some conspiracy theory ...

Trans.jpg

The US congress and senate could pass legislation, the president could sign it, but, the supreme court (that we have now) would knock it down as unconstitutional. Amending the constitution would require that enough states have elected majorities inclined to pass it and that is unlikely. Having enough vacancies on the supreme court to replace justices that may interpret the 2nd amendment differently would take a long term voter effort to keep both the executive and legislative branches occupied with politicians willing to pass it and the wait still would be a generation. Short answer-- gun control legislation seems unlikely.

There are conflicting reports but apparently she was a biological female living as a man.

Have to wonder if she/he started taking steroids because not only could they fuel rage they could make some depressed because they throw the body's own hormones out of wack which can lead to depression. If depressed was given anti depressants or something like SSRIs which many young killers are on.
There are more people on SSRIs that don't kill than do, a humongous amount more.

The US congress and senate could pass legislation, the president could sign it, but, the supreme court (that we have now) would knock it down as unconstitutional. Amending the constitution would require that enough states have elected majorities inclined to pass it and that is unlikely. Having enough vacancies on the supreme court to replace justices that may interpret the 2nd amendment differently would take a long term voter effort to keep both the executive and legislative branches occupied with politicians willing to pass it and the wait still would be a generation. Short answer-- gun control legislation seems unlikely.
With the way Congress and the Senate are I agree with you and further the government is one of the big problems with anything getting done but some are not giving up on it and that is one good thing in a very depressing situation.

Incidentally, and from left field, do Pensioners/Seniors own or carry guns? maybe this a silly question but do any of you (USA)own a gun and if so why? I`ll understand if no answers.

@Ruthanne

I wasn't taking a position on the matter I was just trying to explain to those folks who don't live in the US on what chances of any legislation being enacted soon might be. I don't know what if any thing can be done to stop these things from happening.

A gun is an inanimate object. It does not get up and walk out the door and shoot someone by itself. It doesn’t draw maps of schools or write manifestos.

Why do you focus on the gun rather than the mental health of the person who fires it? If even half the focus that is placed on the inanimate object was given to doing something about mental health care perhaps some progress would be made but no one puts their focus on health care. Removing the tool doesn’t take away the anger and illness of the people who commit these crimes.

That is why nothing ever changes. Demand that the worthless politicians stop wasting time, effort and money on taking away an object and tell them to fund mental health care. Their focus and your focus is in the wrong place.

A gun is an inanimate object. It does not get up and walk out the door and shoot someone by itself. It doesn’t draw maps of schools or write manifestos.

Why do you focus on the gun rather than the mental health of the person who fires it? If even half the focus that is placed on the inanimate object was given to doing something about mental health care perhaps some progress would be made but no one puts their focus on health care. Removing the tool doesn’t take away the anger and illness of the people who commit these crimes.

That is why nothing ever changes. Demand that the worthless politicians stop wasting time, effort and money on taking away an object and tell them to fund mental health care. Their focus and your focus is in the wrong place.
I agree! Same with drugs. Drugs don't just get up and inject themselves into somebody's arm, so we shouldn't have any laws prohibiting the sale or possession of illicit drugs. It's common sense! :cool:

Perhaps you are not aware but mental health agencies do focus on that every day. They are told to ask clients certain questions about hurting themselves or others and by what means. This has been going on for quite some time. It is not the only answer to this problem. We have 50 states to monitor and a huge country. They all have to do what is necessary to combat this problem. Not all states are doing all that is necessary and the government isn't doing all that is necessary and treating people with mental health concerns is not 100 percent foolproof.

This is a huge problem as everyone knows and it's not going away overnight. We have to take this one day at a time and one solution at a time and keep coming up with more solutions and all solutions are welcomed by us and to our president who you can write to. Information is on the internet by search of Whitehouse.

Mapped out after surveillance. Heard the mass cowardly killer Hale came in through a sidedoor like Uvalde. With kids that age one would figure they have them locked just to prevent a pedo or a spouse in a dispute from taking their kid. Regardless it's the act of a cowardly killer.
Can't imagine the terror in those little children's eyes. May They Rest in Peace.

(Why do you focus on the gun rather than the mental health of the person who fires it?) Agree with the basic statement but mentally ill or not this atrocity could hardly have been carried out, with say a bread knife. Really with two assault rifles and a handgun, then to suggest that guns are not the problem, I give up on that thinking!

Six people — three children and three adult staff members — at the Covenant School in the affluent Nashville suburb of Green Hills were killed Monday by a woman armed with two assault rifles and a handgun.

Incidentally, and from left field, do Pensioners/Seniors own or carry guns? maybe this a silly question but do any of you (USA)own a gun and if so why? I`ll understand if no answers.
If states issue a CCW (concealed weapons permit), you can (as it states) hide the gun under your clothing, which I do. I have an inside waist holster for when I just wear a t-shirt and an outside holster for when I wear a tucked-in shirt. Inside and outside mean on your waist. Inside your waistband and outside your waistband like on a belt. I seldom leave home without my gun or my cellphone.

I always tell my date, if it's our first date, that I am carrying. If it makes her nervous, I will leave it at their house and pick it up when we return. No woman has asked me to leave the gun behind. They all have appreciated me telling them that I am carrying.

If states issue a CCW (concealed weapons permit), you can (as it states) hide the gun under your clothing, which I do. I have an inside waist holster for when I just wear a t-shirt and an outside holster for when I wear a tucked-in shirt. Inside and outside mean on your waist. Inside your waistband and outside your waistband like on a belt. I seldom leave home without my gun or my cellphone.

I always tell my date, if it's our first date, that I am carrying. If it makes her nervous, I will leave it at their house and pick it up when we return. No woman has asked me to leave the gun behind. They all have appreciated me telling them that I am carrying.
Wow. Do you get many second dates?

Back