Texas Cop shoots woman to death inside her own home.

I don’t understand why the police searched her car. Did she give her consent? Did the police give a reason for the stop? If so, what was it?
911. You are a very smart man, but c'mon, be serious. You know stops & searches occur without giving reasons. Sometimes.

Or, perhaps the officer decided she was committing a crime: "Living while black."

Not arguing, asking.....

Do you really think the "hate-factor" is such that a person [cop or not] would shoot another person just because they can ?

That's a pretty strong accusation.

911. You are a very smart man, but c'mon, be serious. You know stops & searches occur without giving reasons. Sometimes.

And IMO most of those are looking for drugs, an aspect of the failed "war on drugs". Something I think we as a society need to take another serious look at.

I don’t understand why the police searched her car. Did she give her consent? Did the police give a reason for the stop? If so, what was it?

What are you implying about my daughter? That she was doing something suspicious that gave them probable cause to search her vehicle?
I don't buy that for a second. In my opinion it was a clear cut case of profiling. "White kid driving in a black neighborhood with black kids in car with her. Must be up to something bad"

Is it a job you would want/take?

Hell no!

My oldest son interviewed for a couple of cop jobs right after he got out of college. He got one call back, I'm not sure what for. Maybe a second interview? But by that time he had already signed up with the Army for their student loan repayment plan. So he became a soldier instead. I'm glad that he did too. Now I can be proud of him. :)

After my husband and I spoke with a few retired PA State troopers in our area last week @911, they tell us it's a different breed of officers out there now. That's why they took their retired recently, because they are a scary breed of new cops, they say, lacking common sense and how to handle themselves in a situation, which prompted their retirement.

The academy is cranking out graduating cadets at a faster pace than when you were a trooper. 99 in October 2018, another 103 in May of 2019 and another 98 in September of 2019. Far cry from the 7 back in your day.

Now, calm
What are you implying about my daughter? That she was doing something suspicious that gave them probable cause to search her vehicle?
I don't buy that for a second. In my opinion it was a clear cut case of profiling. "White kid driving in a black neighborhood with black kids in car with her. Must be up to something bad"
Now, calm down. I wasn’t implying anything. The reason that I asked why did they stop her is because the Supreme Court has ruled that police may no longer stop vehicles w/o cause. This isn’t the 60’s or 70’s. The police, unless they have probable cause, are also not permitted to search w/o a warrant or the driver’s permission. You can refuse to allow for a search. You know that, right?

If they do, they have violated her constitutional rights. But, I really needed to know the entire story. When I asked why they stopped her, I thought maybe she had a light out, or maybe made a bad move, like swerve or cross the center line.

Maybe you should consider not jumping to conclusions. Maybe a little paranoid?

Not so. Like I told Trade, this is not the 60’s or 70’s. Police must have probable cause to stop or search. You have the right to refuse to a search, unless they have detected an “odor” of alcohol or “burnt rope.” And, even if you are stopped for a light out, that is not probable cause for a search. Of course, if they have a warrant, you should comply.

How many people do you suppose are unaware of their rights?
Everyone should be. There have been enough illegal stops made, along with searches w/o cause or warrant. I thought this was all common knowledge. And, never be taken in if a cop tells you that he has a standing warrant. There is no such thing. Tell the officer that you want to see it. You have a right to a copy of the warrant.

States that use Deputies to patrol their highways are finding out that this may be a mistake. Too many Deputies are given a “handbook” to study, take a test and if they pass, they may patrol the highways. Really?

When I asked why they stopped her, I thought maybe she had a light out,

The other time she was stopped they did ticket her for a tag light being out. But like I said in my other post, by the time I went to fix it, it had miraculously fixed itself.

Ot maybe one of those Angels from that other thread fixed it. ;)

A lot. And a lot more are too intimidated to assert those rights when confront by a big burly cop. I have no doubt my daughter was scared.

Many cops today are anything but "big & burly" We have one here locally that likely had to cut the barrel of his gun off.....he's so damn short 😉.

911:
He's been there. heed his comments.
State Trappers are a different breed of cat than 'Joe Cop..'
What 'Joe Cop' does is not necessarily what a trooper would do.
However, their beat is the highways and byways and sometimes the bergs that do not have a police dept, as in the town in my late teens...
Don't screw around with a trooper.
Rarely, will you find them responding to calls in urban neighborhoods, unless the local cops request assistance.

Not arguing, asking.....

Do you really think the "hate-factor" is such that a person [cop or not] would shoot another person just because they can ?

That's a pretty strong accusation.
Depends on how much hate is involved. Racism & hate + power & authority + a whole police department protecting & supporting + the code of silence = "I love this job 'cuz I can do anything I want." Yes, I've overheard police officers chatting about it.

Here's yet another example:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fo...ning-exercise/ar-AAIVYLY?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=iehp
During such training exercises, the officer's gun is supposed to have a yellow plastic barrel installed with a solid chamber so a live round CANNOT be chambered. Or, there are plastic model guns for safe training. Instead, this moron officer uses his regular gun & doesn't even check it, resulting in the death of an innocent person. And he doesn't get one minute of jail time or even a conviction for negligent homicide.

Last edited:
In the video and the still frames, the gun is not in anyone's hand. (assuming the still frames are genuine).
IMO, the police are claiming she had a gun in her hand & was pointing it at the window to justify shooting her.

I think the video clearly demonstrates that the cop gave her no time at all to obey the "hands up" before he fired, whether she had a gun in her hand or not, which she had every right to do in her own home. She had no way of knowing whether the guy in her yard was a cop or an axe murderer, since he never announced he was police. No matter how you slice it, the cop was completely at fault and the woman was the innocent victim.

911:
He's been there. heed his comments.
State Trappers are a different breed of cat than 'Joe Cop..'
What 'Joe Cop' does is not necessarily what a trooper would do.
However, their beat is the highways and byways and sometimes the bergs that do not have a police dept, as in the town in my late teens...
Don't screw around with a trooper.
Rarely, will you find them responding to calls in urban neighborhoods, unless the local cops request assistance.
You make a good point.

911, about the probable cause issue, I imagine that 99% of the public has no idea of what constitutes legitimate probable cause. You'd have to be a lawyer, or a law enforcement professional, and I wonder how many of even those groups have a clear list in their heads. I wonder if such a list is available to the general public.

The other time she was stopped they did ticket her for a tag light being out. But like I said in my other post, by the time I went to fix it, it had miraculously fixed itself.

Ot maybe one of those Angels from that other thread fixed it. ;)
Here in Pennsylvania, the smallest fine, which would be for a light out, after all the add-on’s, the total would be $104.00. If I did a stop for a light out and was treated respectfully, I would tell the driver to get it fixed ASAP and “Have a nice day (evening).” Otherwise, if the driver tried to juice me (police talk for “get under my skin”) I would simply go back to my car and sit for 10 minutes. Then, approach the driver and tell him, “He’s good to go.” I was never ordered to ticket for a light out. That’s a lot of money to pay out of pocket for a light that burned out.

911, about the probable cause issue, I imagine that 99% of the public has no idea of what constitutes legitimate probable cause. You'd have to be a lawyer, or a law enforcement professional, and I wonder how many of even those groups have a clear list in their heads. I wonder if such a list is available to the general public.

I hate "spreading" what I do not "know" for sure but........

I have heard some whispers/rumors that some modern-day coppers, when seeing white hair, obvious seniors driving, are looking for cause. This is due to the belief, experience that these drivers might well have some "interesting" medications on their person/in their vehicle ???

I surely hope if true ?, that it is not widespread. The retired guys that i know, scoff it big-time. And say that they [back in the day] would have never done this.

I have no idea, but I would imagine that somewhere on the Internet, a lawyer may have posted such a list.

Back