The thing is (my opinion on stuff as I think about it, some heavy, some light)

I realized as a young girl that there were people in the church every Sunday that did not practice what was preached after they left the doors.

Oh, I know
and I get that
sinners, goin' to church...imagine that

but

when the pharisaic leaders are in my face, preaching about what I practice, well, hell, I can get that at the local bar

I'm not all that spiritual
but there's times
times I pray to God, and pray hard
for my children
for my woman's patience with me
for the well to not be frozen, offering a heart felt prayer of thanks when it isn't

and I pray hard for wisdom
for understanding

but, mostly it's one of thanks
during a sunrise, and moonrise (we don't get sunsets)

for still being, in spite of myself

I should pray more for patience, as I have a flash temper
but
have been able to hold most of that in, knowing how ugly it is
and, well, sometimes it's so gosh darn gratifying to let it fly

Gary, so glad I found your Diary thread, I loved the read. I so love those photos you did on this page (2), gorgeous. We have a lot in common about the religion thing. I do believe in God, and I've made the choice to worship him, pray, and do it my own way. Yes, I believe in the God of the bible, so I call Him "He". Don't care to go into discussions about it, just telling you where I stand. I don't go to church, and I pray sometimes, bitch at Him and say "if You are really there" could You just hear my prayer.

Also, I think it takes a real man to talk about real things. I think it takes a real man to admit that "he" is not God, or a god. so I'm going to be reading your thread a lot more often;) Denise

You're such a Taoist. ;)

Lao-tz-who?

I’m practicing non-doing right now

8XNaPU0.jpg

yd2BYjB.jpg

Damn, I spit my coffee!

That is excellent!

Tried to rep you, but you know how The System works ... how The Man is always beating us down ...

dang, man, you even made the morning rise squint
UjLXhg7.png

now, if you don't mind
I must clear my head of that scene with toil
dhom3uU.jpg

(nice touch, meanie, forgot about the great Sam Cooke, wunner if he's still topside)

Before supper, I took a picture of the Sun setting behind our "lonesome pine". Like shooting a moving target. I call it Sun in the Pine, and it reminds me of Africa.

Sun in the pine.jpg

We had 3 pines growing together, when we moved here, 40 years ago. First one died and fell, 20 years ago. I called the 2 remaining ones the twisted Sisters, as they were intertwined. A second one died and I had it cut down, leaving the lonesome pine, last year. At that time, I cut all the lower dead branches off the remaining one, with only the top branches.

the twisted Sisters

Twisted Sisters.jpg

Before supper, I took a picture of the Sun setting behind our "lonesome pine". Like shooting a moving target. I call it Sun in the Pine, and it reminds me of Africa.

View attachment 48757

We had 3 pines growing together, when we moved here, 40 years ago. First one died and fell, 20 years ago. I called the 2 remaining ones the twisted Sisters, as they were intertwined. A second one died and I had it cut down, leaving the lonesome pine, last year. At that time, I cut all the lower dead branches off the remaining one, with only the top branches.

the twisted Sisters

View attachment 48758

Looks like the stunted windblown trees on the coast here

Also looks like the junior rough of a fairway (????)….
Tell me you don’t live on a golf course…please

Anyhoot, not sure if I’m a tree hugger, as I'm not hesitant with a chainsaw, but I do love trees

A young Scandinavian lad was helping move a large frame of an old trailer I’d just razed
He commenced trimming a tree to clear a way,
my tree,
without asking
I asked if he happened to have the putter-back- oner, because I never could successfully re-attach what was cut…

Nice kid, though

Those trees…that tree, has character
yessir

gorgeous pic

' .....because I deserve to be happy'

I just read a lengthy paragraph of a young lady seemingly on the edge.
It’s a wonder more of today’s generation isn’t ODing on drugs if they all think this way.....

I don’t preach. Not my place.
But, I’ve been around awile, and here’s what I know;
Happiness is attained by contentment
Contentment is attained by satisfaction
Satisfaction is attained by hard work...a job well done.

That’s all

Simple as that

There are no epiphanical moments where a fairy poings you with her wand and everthing is all better

There is no deserving

There is earning

Nothing else

I’ve had to learn this the hard way, by default actually.
Never checked my happiness gauge, just looked for fun.
Had fun.
No regrets.
But fun by itself becomes quite empty.
Empty as a cavernous, bottomless ever hungry void.

Want ‘Happy’?

It’s yours

For the earning

The middle aged fellow looked stressed, tired, a tad beleaguered...end of a day.
Lines on his brow shown from many days, many bus rides.
Holding the bar, swaying with the lurch of stop and go traffic.
Staring blankly at the bustle of the street.

The downtown bus was crowded.

Nobody talked.

Jammed humanity tends to filter out the closeness, the unconscious intimacy, ignoring the invasion of personal space.

A young man, a boy really, ears plugged with alien sounds, hoody, tousled hair, baggy pants, sagged in the seat.

The older fellow studied him briefly, making a snap verdict.

As the bus settled into 2nd gear, the lad straightened, got up, and offered his seat to the older gent.

He took it.

It felt good.

Felt good to take an offering from the next generation.

A line may have escaped my brow.

This minor event occurred several years ago.

The memory is as fresh as yesterday.

Enemies
Have as few as possible

Friends
Pretty much the same, turns out

Acquaintances
It’s good to have a bunch of these
Small talk is huge with them
oftentimes just a nod, a smile

Small talk
is not heavy
you can put it in yer pocket