Who Won't Opt For The Vaccine

I wouldn't be too worried about the Australian vaccine. The company that is working on it, in conjunction with the University of Queensland is our largest company and they are very responsible. They were only at the stage of Stage 1 trials and the sample was only a little over 100 volunteers. They were using a HIV protein to stabilise the spikes on the corona virus and that is not at all the same as using live, weakened or dead virus.

They knew that this could result in false positives for HIV using the existing tests and when the trial confirmed this, the trial was immediately suspended and the Stock Exchange was notified. Before this vaccine could have been ready for use it would have had to pass stages 2, 3 and 4. This is the normal process all of the manufacturers have to follow.

This does not mean that anyone has contracted HIV. It means that to use this vaccine they would first have to develop a new test for actual HIV that wouldn't throw up false negatives. That would slow everything down and in the case of SARS-Cov 2 time is of the essence.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if CSL does now work on new HIV tests because in the future this vaccine might turn out to valuable in the fight against this virus, or another variant of it.

I suggest people who are anxious about vaccines do some research on the method of manufacture and the principles behind the way that it promotes antibodies to be developed. A reputable company with many years of working in this field should not be subject to automatic suspicion. Don't listen to hearsay and scuttlebutt.

Our government took out options on 4 different vaccines. Only one has been discontinued. I'm hoping to receive one that is single dose only and that doesn't require extreme refrigeration, but I will take whatever is on offer when the time comes. I don't mind offering myself as a guinea pig. We can't all hang back.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be too worried about the Australian vaccine. The company that is working on it, in conjunction with the University of Queensland is our largest company and they are very responsible. They were only at the stage of Stage 1 trials and the sample was only a little over 100 volunteers. They were using a HIV protein to stabilise the spikes on the corona virus and that is not at all the same as using live, weakened or dead virus.

They knew that this could result in false positives for HIV using the existing tests and when the trial confirmed this, the trial was immediately suspended and the Stock Exchange was notified. Before this vaccine could have been ready for use it would have had to pass stages 2, 3 and 4. This is the normal process all of the manufacturers have to follow.

This does not mean that anyone has contracted HIV. It means that to use this vaccine they would first have to develop a new test for actual HIV that wouldn't throw up false negatives. That would slow everything down and in the case of SARS-Cov 2 time is of the essence.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if CSL does now work on new HIV tests because in the future this vaccine might turn out to valuable in the fight against this virus, or another variant of it.

I suggest people who are anxious about vaccines do some research on the method of manufacture and the principles behind the way that it promotes antibodies to be developed. A reputable company with many years of working in this field should not be subject to automatic suspicion. Don't listen to hearsay and scuttlebutt.

Our government took out options on 4 different vaccines. Only one has been discontinued. I'm hoping to receive one that is single dose only and that doesn't require extreme refrigeration, but I will take whatever is on offer when the time comes. I don't mind offering myself as a guinea pig. We can't all hang back.
This is also the way I understood it when reading the article, didn't have the time, energy or unoccupied brain cells at that moment to explain it clearly. Thanks for straightening this out.

p.s. I bolded the parts of your response that struck me as particularly important.

What I read is that anyone who has experienced severe allergies to the components of this vaccine shouldn't get it. Big difference. Just because you are allergic to one thing doesn't mean you are allergic to everything.
Right, Butterfly. And we must always keep in mind that multiple vaccines are beng developed and tested. Any one vaccine might be more prone to cause allergic reactions than another.

Most people trust Dr. Fauci implicitly. He is as close to a hero as we have in fighting this horrific disease. Of course, as some of us have repeated here ad nauseum, science doesn't come up with divinely ordained absolute truths. There are always inconsistencies, and our ideas change and evolve as we learn more and more about the subject. Considering how new this virus is, and how deadly, I think our scientific researchers, and particularly Dr. Fauci, have done an incredible job.
:unsure:

I'll take it when it's available through my PCP or local pharmacy.

I don't really feel comfortable going through some sort of mass inoculation involving lines of people being treated by a bunch of tired bored worn-out people that are just trying to get through the day.

images

Looks like the polio shot lines we stood in when I was a little kid.

From what our local Health Department is saying, that won't be the way they'll be handling it here. They've said it will be by appointment only, and where possible will be drive thru. They're still working on the logistics, anyway, since mass vaccination won't take place here until the tier 1 and 2 people have been vaccinated.

Looks like the polio shot lines we stood in when I was a little kid.

From what our local Health Department is saying, that won't be the way they'll be handling it here. They've said it will be by appointment only, and where possible will be drive thru. They're still working on the logistics, anyway, since mass vaccination won't take place here until the tier 1 and 2 people have been vaccinated.
I'm very curious to see how the first few million vaccinations are handled and how the process evolves during that time.

I still do not understand how long it takes to bring the vaccine up to body temperature before it can be administered.

That's not how vaccines work. If it were true we'd all be carrying smallpox, polio, tetanus and every other disease for which we were vaccinated.
You are correct but these shots they giving now are mRNA that modifies your genes and isn't even close to any vaccines from the past. They have no knowledge of what these mRNA will do to you in the future or it was there intention to do but why are they being forced? They are selling it to people that it is just like the shots in the past but they aren't even close to them because of the gene therapy. It is left out out in the discussion about the shot. This is why I am against the any vaccines at this time.

You are correct but these shots they giving now are mRNA that modifies your genes and isn't even close to any vaccines from the past. They have no knowledge of what these mRNA will do to you in the future or it was there intention to do but why are they being forced? They are selling it to people that it is just like the shots in the past but they aren't even close to them because of the gene therapy. It is left out out in the discussion about the shot. This is why I am against the any vaccines at this time.
Link: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRNA_vaccine

"Messenger RNA instructions are timed to self-destruct, like a disappearing text or snapchat message. Structural features of the mRNA – the U in the code, its single-stranded shape, ribose sugar and its specific sequence – ensure that the mRNA has a short half-life. These features combine to enable the message to be “read,” translated into proteins, and then quickly destroyed – within minutes for certain proteins that need to be tightly controlled, or up to a few hours for others."

This is why the vaccine isn't working because it is a temporary fix and why there is new strain coming out. Why you have to have a shot after a time.

Hence the mRNA shots are useless and what else happens after long term use? Unknown because it has been less then ten years to get here, experiential trail on the masses of the world population by force or misinformation. Was it planned, I don't know but personally I don't trust the government of any place because they forgot about God in there lives. They only have greed and what they can get.

That's not how vaccines work. If it were true we'd all be carrying smallpox, polio, tetanus and every other disease for which we were vaccinated.
If the covid vax was a traditional vax it probably would be one and done for decades. But with covid vaxxes some are up to their second booster with in the first year. The tech or method used in most covid vaxxes is too new for long term reliability or to know longer term adverse affects.

I'm not interested in them, either. The hard sell & coercion makes any thinking person suspicious, plus the fact that vaccine makers are immune from damages if their vaccine causes harm.

The tech or method used in most covid vaxxes is too new for long term reliability or to know longer term adverse affects.
True, but the suddenness with which this Covid hit didn't allow for the years of testing that went into the polio and smallpox vaccines. Had the current vaccines taken 5 or 10 years to develop, the global death numbers would probably be in the 10's of millions, by now, and we would all be living in a lockdown like Shanghai.
Perhaps, years from now, there may be a rash of side effects from these vaccines, but it's all a Crap Shoot, where we have little choice but to weigh the benefits, vs, any potential risks....and trust that the scientists know what they are doing.

By accepting the shot you become the carrier of disease and the changes. By not accepting you get sick but become immune and no risk except newer version but with minor effects. The shot i
I welcome new members, but why did you see fit to resurrect this inflammatory thread that essentially ended in December 2020? The Covid conversations have become the most devisive of any. There are vax and anti-vax members, mask and anti-mask members in this forum, and that will never change. I do admire your altruism but time to move on to something more current.

Back