Single women, single men after 55, as well as other "groups" that have some wisdom to share..

Denise1952

Original Poster
I think I would fill in the blank with "breathing" :playful:
Geesh, I didn't see you did fill in the blank Ruthanne, LOL :)

I was thinking about starting a thread and realized I started this one in 2017? Or did I read that wrong. Who knows, who cares, LOL! I'm still alone, 21 years, something like that but who's counting. I just don't go that many places, and not much into believing in "fate" or even miracles. I just feel the pickins get slimmer and slimmer as the years go by. Maybe I should believe in fate, it's fate I am to live alone. And miracles? Yeah, probably a miracle for the guy that dodged a bullet by not meeting up with me :rolleyes::biggrin-new:

I did have a date, about a month ago?? He was tall, and nice looking in a rugged sort of way. Had some health issues but I admired him because he was doing his best to get exercise at the gym, and eat right. Then, while we were having dinner he divulged having a "best friend" (female) that was in bad shape, and couldn't really live her life anymore :( I asked him if she'd be upset to know he was out with a gal and he said "she might be". He said they don't live together, but I just wanted nothing to do with a guy that already has a best friend (woman). I'm selfish, and want a guy that I can be best friends with. And one that isn't going to go out with other women if I get to ill to go out etc.

So there's my kinda luck. There's more to it, and I doubt I would have wanted a 2nd date anyway, but I couldn't quit thinking about her. I just never would date anyone, never did, that I know of, that had even a girlfriend. Figured there was no future with a guy like that.

I'm sure there are circumstances someone may come up with that it would be ok to do. Have at it if you want to share them.

Olivia

The question is, why do you really need someone?

Betty&Jeremy

The same thoughts I've had about men my age wanting younger women. But honestly, I've only seen ads that show their age preferences ;)
A year ago I would not consider anyone more than 5 years younger than me until I met my then boyfriend and current fiance. I thank him for pushing it because I would have never even gone there, but he is 35 years younger than me and he saw to it that we would be a couple. I thought he was crazy back then, but now that we live together, I would have been crazy turn him down. He has been wonderful and so happy he pushed the envelope with me.

Denise1952

Original Poster
A year ago I would not consider anyone more than 5 years younger than me until I met my then boyfriend and current fiance. I thank him for pushing it because I would have never even gone there, but he is 35 years younger than me and he saw to it that we would be a couple. I thought he was crazy back then, but now that we live together, I would have been crazy turn him down. He has been wonderful and so happy he pushed the envelope with me.
It's about personal choice and just because I may not understand why some are together, it's not my business. I am glad you two are happy. It's not good to be alone, but as I mentioned above, for me I wonder sometimes if it's just I am not ready to even date. I always seem to see things I am not willing to accept about someone, I mean, in order to spend time with them. If I can't even find someone I want to date more than once, doubt I'll be finding anyone to spend the rest of my life with. Which, the rest of my life, it's all going way to fast for me :eek:nthego: