Single women, single men after 55, as well as other "groups" that have some wisdom to share..

I think I would fill in the blank with "breathing" :playful:

Geesh, I didn't see you did fill in the blank Ruthanne, LOL :)

I was thinking about starting a thread and realized I started this one in 2017? Or did I read that wrong. Who knows, who cares, LOL! I'm still alone, 21 years, something like that but who's counting. I just don't go that many places, and not much into believing in "fate" or even miracles. I just feel the pickins get slimmer and slimmer as the years go by. Maybe I should believe in fate, it's fate I am to live alone. And miracles? Yeah, probably a miracle for the guy that dodged a bullet by not meeting up with me :rolleyes::biggrin-new:

I did have a date, about a month ago?? He was tall, and nice looking in a rugged sort of way. Had some health issues but I admired him because he was doing his best to get exercise at the gym, and eat right. Then, while we were having dinner he divulged having a "best friend" (female) that was in bad shape, and couldn't really live her life anymore :( I asked him if she'd be upset to know he was out with a gal and he said "she might be". He said they don't live together, but I just wanted nothing to do with a guy that already has a best friend (woman). I'm selfish, and want a guy that I can be best friends with. And one that isn't going to go out with other women if I get to ill to go out etc.

So there's my kinda luck. There's more to it, and I doubt I would have wanted a 2nd date anyway, but I couldn't quit thinking about her. I just never would date anyone, never did, that I know of, that had even a girlfriend. Figured there was no future with a guy like that.

I'm sure there are circumstances someone may come up with that it would be ok to do. Have at it if you want to share them.

The same thoughts I've had about men my age wanting younger women. But honestly, I've only seen ads that show their age preferences ;)

A year ago I would not consider anyone more than 5 years younger than me until I met my then boyfriend and current fiance. I thank him for pushing it because I would have never even gone there, but he is 35 years younger than me and he saw to it that we would be a couple. I thought he was crazy back then, but now that we live together, I would have been crazy turn him down. He has been wonderful and so happy he pushed the envelope with me.

A year ago I would not consider anyone more than 5 years younger than me until I met my then boyfriend and current fiance. I thank him for pushing it because I would have never even gone there, but he is 35 years younger than me and he saw to it that we would be a couple. I thought he was crazy back then, but now that we live together, I would have been crazy turn him down. He has been wonderful and so happy he pushed the envelope with me.

It's about personal choice and just because I may not understand why some are together, it's not my business. I am glad you two are happy. It's not good to be alone, but as I mentioned above, for me I wonder sometimes if it's just I am not ready to even date. I always seem to see things I am not willing to accept about someone, I mean, in order to spend time with them. If I can't even find someone I want to date more than once, doubt I'll be finding anyone to spend the rest of my life with. Which, the rest of my life, it's all going way to fast for me :eek:nthego:

I keep coming back to read this thread, mostly to hear from other folks like me, I understand some of the sentiments about not wanting to be alone. But not really wanting to date, either.
Sometimes I think I’d like to have my own room that I rent in a house with a few other women my age, for the company. Especially when holidays are approaching, it always makes me look back at all the times I had with family-so many have moved away or passed on.

It's not good to be alone,
I'm not sure I agree with this. Where relationships are concerned I think it's wrong to make one size fits all statements such as this. I am better alone than I am with a mate. If I had a mate now I would be very unhappy. Mainly because my needs have changed with age. And from past experiences I just don't have any interest in giving it another go. I like where I am in my life right now. I don't need or want an other.

(Notice this 2017 thread has been revived 4 times...good read.)

(OP) Denise1952 at Crescent City, similar age and I love that remote area with its redwoods and Smith River.

Single, never ever used dating apps, sites, or services, never will, nor an active dater, prefer meeting others hanging out in group settings.

What type of man/woman would you be willing to date?
Lives in same region. Someone with SOME similar interests, intelligent, honest, friendly, considerate, healthy, fit, financially secure, monogamistic... Not picky for just sharing friendly fun, hanging out.
Are you more accepting of others short-comings, or less?
Depends on what specifics but generally picky.
Do you think you could not possibly meat (sic) someone you [are] right for you at this age?
Versus living alone, very much would like to finding a woman to share the rest of my life.
And what about mistletoe, when you see it do you wonder if anyone is around you would be willing to kiss?
Never done that haha. Not physically aggressive like many men, am easy.

I'm not sure I agree with this. Where relationships are concerned I think it's wrong to make one size fits all statements such as this. I am better alone than I am with a mate. If I had a mate now I would be very unhappy. Mainly because my needs have changed with age. And from past experiences I just don't have any interest in giving it another go. I like where I am in my life right now. I don't need or want an other.
I'm single. From my most recent relationship experience, I will say that I'd much rather be happy alone than miserable coupled.

That's what I would be up for, just dating, and actually having a guy that remembers how to "court" a gal. The jokers on dating sites seem to think they don't even have to put on a clean shirt or comb there hair, or at least polish their heads;)

Now to be fair, some gals don't work very hard at presenting themselves, at least not in these dating profiles I've seen. I think their for the birds, dating sites I mean. Rather meet a guy in the produce section, especially if he's shopping organic, LOL!! Clean cut, there is such a thing;) still;)
Always a good sign when you see him in the produce section, squeezing things.

Yes, I agree there are some very strange "ladies" on some of these sites. Can't help you with the "gents" section of dating sites. I'm sure that some guys are pretty strange too. Anyway, I find it very strange with women sticking their dog or their cat into the camera lens. I don't know about other men, but if I'm looking for a lady, I'm looking for a lady; not a dog or cat. If I want a dog/cat, I'll go to the local animal shelter and get one that already has the shots. I wish some of the ladies here could explain to me why they stick those doggies and pussies at the camera lens? I sure can't figure it out?

Other strange facts of dating sites are ladies taking their photos in dark places so you can't tell much about the person. Of course, ladies with no photos are just no ladies that I would write to.

Anyway, I find it very strange with women sticking their dog or their cat into the camera lens. I don't know about other men, but if I'm looking for a lady, I'm looking for a lady; not a dog or cat. If I want a dog/cat, I'll go to the local animal shelter and get one that already has the shots. I wish some of the ladies here could explain to me why they stick those doggies and pussies at the camera lens? I sure can't figure it out?
That one confuses me also. Why in the world do I need to see two photos of the lady and eight photos of her cat(s)? I don't mean a photo of her with her cat. I mean close ups of the cat. I might as well include photos of my motorcyle or guns or work bench or whatever manly toys I might have. Maybe she is trying to let me know that the cats come first, and I come in second, when she has time for me. Who knows?

Don't get me started on the lady whose photo showed her in a pretty blue dress, wearing a tasteful string of pearls. Yet, on our first introduction meeting, she showed up wearing work boots and bib overalls. You can't make this stuff up.

That one confuses me also. Why in the world do I need to see two photos of the lady and eight photos of her cat(s)? I don't mean a photo of her with her cat. I mean close ups of the cat. I might as well include photos of my motorcyle or guns or work bench or whatever manly toys I might have. Maybe she is trying to let me know that the cats come first, and I come in second, when she has time for me. Who knows?

Don't get me started on the lady whose photo showed her in a pretty blue dress, wearing a tasteful string of pearls. Yet, on our first introduction meeting, she showed up wearing work boots and bib overalls. You can't make this stuff up.
Your kidding us, right? I mean a lady showing up in work boots and bib overalls? I would have run for the hills, believe me! I understand your point about photos of dogs and cats. How, would these ladies like photos of what I had in my last garage: skill saw, bench saw, router and overhead saw. Then there was the shop vacuum, my drill, both metric and SAE tool sets and compressor. I wonder if that would get me some dates? LOL

Maybe all these ladies want is a man to walk their dog twice a day or clean out the kitty litter. I would strongly suggest that they put an add in "Help Wanted" rather than Match.com or Fish.com.

Back