The Derek Chauvin Trial

I was wondering if they have any information on Chauvin ever using that knee-on-neck procedure before. I can't believe any other officer present while this was happening didn't try to stop it.

No doubt. That happens when a city's team wins the Super Bowl! It's the American way!
Not here. When the KC Chiefs won the Super Bowl last year....2020....there was a massive celebration all over the downtown area, with 10's of thousands of people taking part. It was a massive party, and outside of overflowing trash barrels lining the parade route, and the closing of dozens of streets, there were NO problems.

That will NOT be the case when this trial ends. No matter What the verdict is, there are thugs....all over the nation....that will find an excuse to riot.

I was wondering if they have any information on Chauvin ever using that knee-on-neck procedure before. I can't believe any other officer present while this was happening didn't try to stop it.

Chauvin was so self centered selfishly arrogant, if another officer tried to stop him, I believe he really would have shot them. The Universe revolves around him, he is the mighty and powerful OZ.

These so called "criminal thugs" also have Constitutional protections, period.
They most certainly do, and cops do not have the authority to decide who deserves to die for past or present bad acts. Even had Mr. Floyd been guilty of knowingly attempting to pass counterfeit currency and being under the influence of illicit drugs or resisting arrest, none of those alleged crimes is a capital offense. Yet he is dead in the street at the hands of Derek Chauvin.

Actually, there is no conclusion yet as to what caused the death of Capitol Police Officer Sicknick. Early reports that he was hit in the head with a fire extinguisher are no longer considered accurate. He was sprayed with some kind of toxic substance and perhaps that caused or contributed to his death. The final report is not out yet.

I point this out only because I think the truth matters. I don't in any way condone the actions or behavior of the idiots who attacked the Capitol on January 6th. The whole episode was disgraceful and anyone involved should be prosecuted to the fullest extent possible.

Chauvin was so self centered selfishly arrogant, if another officer tried to stop him, I believe he really would have shot them. The Universe revolves around him, he is the mighty and powerful OZ.
He's not a very big guy... only like 5'6" and 140lbs, from what I remember. He's going to be somebody's punk in prison, although they might keep ex-cops separated from the general prison population for their protection. Otherwise, bad cops like Chauvin wouldn't last a day.

It's a sad situation but I have to agree - -some of the comments are beyond me??

You have to be kidding. I'd hate to think how many counterfeit bills MAY have passed through my hands in the last 80 years or so. I might have one in my wallet today for all I know? Anyone who studies each bill that they receive or pass on, and can quickly spot a fake would make me suspicious as to their motive and familiarity with this type of currency.

He passed a bad bill - -so-be-it. Not exactly the crime of the century. Certainly not worthy of the death penalty, no matter how or who carried it out.
He wasn't subdued for passing a counterfeit bill. He was subdued for resisting arrest and deserved it for that. But once he was down and handcuffed there was no good reason for Chauvin to keep his knee on his neck that long. He could have easily released his knee for a moment and if Floyd started struggling again right back down it goes and Chauvin is in the clear. But he didn't and now Floyd is dead and his life is ruined. All so unnecessary.
I truly believe it was arrogance and Chauvin did not want to be seen as giving in to the crowd telling him what to do that led him to not removing the knee. I don't believe he was trying to kill Floyd and think it's silly to suggest otherwise. But actions have consequences.

He's not a very big guy... only like 5'6" and 140lbs, from what I remember. He's going to be somebody's punk in prison, although they might keep ex-cops separated from the general prison population for their protection. Otherwise, bad cops like Chauvin wouldn't last a day.

Irwin, I think we've got a plot for a TV series here!

He wasn't subdued for passing a counterfeit bill. He was subdued for resisting arrest and deserved it for that. But once he was down and handcuffed there was no good reason for Chauvin to keep his knee on his neck that long. He could have easily released his knee for a moment and if Floyd started struggling again right back down it goes and Chauvin is in the clear. But he didn't and now Floyd is dead and his life is ruined. All so unnecessary.
I truly believe it was arrogance and Chauvin did not want to be seen as giving in to the crowd telling him what to do that led him to not removing the knee. I don't believe he was trying to kill Floyd and think it's silly to suggest otherwise. But actions have consequences.
I always highly respect your words and posts, GaryT, but call me silly, as there is nothing that will ever surface or convince me otherwise that Chauvin, is nothing less than a murderer.

He's a little man (by Irwin's account), and that tells me everything about Chauvin, that I need to know.

I always highly respect your words and posts, GaryT, but call me silly, as there is nothing that will ever surface or convince me otherwise that Chauvin, is nothing less than a murderer.

He's a little man (by Irwin's account), and that tells me everything about Chauvin, that I need to know.
I don't think we disagree, I believe he's a murderer too, I just don't think he did it deliberately.
So you think he said to himself "I'm going to kill this guy right here, right now, in front of all these people"? I just don't think that happened. It makes no sense when I'm sure he's had many more private moments to kill a perp if that was his goal.

I don't think we disagree, I believe he's a murderer too, I just don't think he did it deliberately.
So you think he said to himself "I'm going to kill this guy right here, right now, in front of all these people"? I just don't think that happened. It makes no sense when I'm sure he's had many more private moments to kill a perp if that was his goal.
Which is why he is not on trial for first degree murder.

I do, GaryT, for the simple reason I believe that Chauvin, grew to believe he was invincible.

He could exercise whatever force he personally deemed necessary in relation to the crime, and authorities would be there for him to serve and protect.

A killer on the loose he was.

I agree, I believe that Chauvin's intent was to cause George Floyd to blackout in a bizarre attempt to show him, the crowd, and the other officers in attendance that he was in control of the situation. Chauvin went too far and a man is dead because of his grandstanding.

The excuse that George Floyd's health or drug use were factors is not relevant. I've always been told that you take your victims as you find them. If they die due to some underlying medical condition during a crime you are still guilty of causing their death.

Last edited:
I do, GaryT, for the simple reason I believe that Chauvin, grew to believe he was invincible.

He could exercise whatever force he personally deemed necessary in relation to the crime, and authorities would be there for him to serve and protect.

A killer on the loose he was.
So I just have to ask, does "Chauvanist" now refer to a killer? The English language does seem to evolve to suit.

Edit: Of course, whenever I heard the term being used, it was always qualified with "male", so since Chauvin is a male, I would think this new use for the term would fit. Use the term sparingly, since not all males are killers.

Tony

I agree, I believe that Chauvin's intent was to cause George Floyd to blackout in a bizarre attempt to show him, the crowd, and the other officers in attendance that he was in control of the situation. Chauvin went too far and a man is dead because of his grandstanding.

The excuse that George Floyd's health or drug use were factors is not relevant. I've always been told that you take your victims as you find them. If they die due to some underlying medical condition during a crime you are still guilty of causing their death.
I disagree. If Chauvin only wanted Floyd to black out, he wouldn't have prevented paramedics from attending to him when they arrived. And he wouldn't have choked Floyd for so long after he blacked out.

I disagree. If Chauvin only wanted Floyd to black out, he wouldn't have prevented paramedics from attending to him when they arrived. And he wouldn't have choked Floyd for so long after he blacked out.
He intended to kill Floyd & thought he could do it & make it look like it was "Unintentional while trying to restrain him." Yeah....restraining a handcuffed, helpless person.
People try to get away with murder & make it look like an accident all the time. (in this case, the parents didn't know they were being taped in the police station while they discussed the situation in private & said, "Don't worry, honey....the police won't be able to prove anything.....")
https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/h...-ross-harris-sentenced-life-son-s-hot-n692086

There are many such cases of "Hot Car Deaths." Many parents are using this as a way to get rid of their unwanted kids. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

And, "I didn't mean to kill my wife; I was cleaning the gun & it just went off..."

Last edited:

Back