What do you eat for breakfast?

Favorite breakfast:

jul3_2021_dinkys.jpg

Favorite place to eat breakfast

apr6_2014_dinkys_diner.jpg

When I'm on the road, the favorite breakfast stop is the closest Cracker Barrel. Love their hash brown casserole.

I'd love to have bacon and eggs every morning for breakfast, but even I'm not that crazy. So I eat a variety of breakfasts, none of them particularly exotic except maybe the matzoh brie.

Other breakfasts I enjoy in varying degrees are plain scrambled eggs with a muffin, an omelet, sausage or ham and eggs, French toast, waffles with or without bacon, cereal and fruit, English muffins. I always start out with fruit, usually grapefruit, but in the summer that's hard to find, so I substitute melon or berries. This morning I had delicious honeydew.

And coffee, of course.

Tips on how you prepare your microwave egg would be appreciated.
This is how I do it Aunt Bea.
Crack 1 egg into each cup of the egg poacher base. Pierce each egg yolk with a fork, ( I just poke each yolk with the tip of a sharp knife Once each). Add 1/2 tsp of water to each cup . (Add water to empty cup if only cooking 1 egg. 1 egg cooks for 30-45 sec, For 2 eggs cook for 45-60 seconds . Cooking time varied.

This is how I do it Aunt Bea.
Crack 1 egg into each cup of the egg poacher base. Pierce each egg yolk with a fork, ( I just poke each yolk with the tip of a sharp knife Once each). Add 1/2 tsp of water to each cup . (Add water to empty cup if only cooking 1 egg. 1 egg cooks for 30-45 sec, For 2 eggs cook for 45-60 seconds . Cooking time varied.
I like the idea of using just a little bit of water.

The method I tried used 1/2 cup of water.

I'll give it a try.

Thanks, 👨‍🍳 Pappy!

This morning, two poached eggs on a toaster waffle.

I try to mix it up as much as possible.

Sometimes just a couple Nuti-Grain bars, with maybe some fruit on them ...... fancy version ...... with whipped cream.......yum,yum.

Full English.jpg
It's probably 60 years since I had this kind of breakfast, here in the UK we call it, The Full English: How I loved it, so much so that the picture conjures up an evocative reminisce. Do you know, sixty years and I can still remember that evocative aroma.
full english1.jpg
This is a bowl of porridge, it's been my breakfast for the last sixty years. I neither like nor dislike it, I eat it because my Doctor cousin explained about processed foods and the salt & sugar that's in them. If you look up sausages and bacon, their ingredients and manufacturer process, you might take up the porridge habit. Studies have championed porridge in maintaining general good health – it can lower blood pressure, control blood glucose levels, and lower BDL (bad cholesterol levels.) So I eat porridge and dream of, "Full English."

This is a bowl of porridge, it's been my breakfast for the last sixty years. I neither like nor dislike it, I eat it because my Doctor cousin explained about processed foods and the salt & sugar that's in them. If you look up sausages and bacon, their ingredients and manufacturer process, you might take up the porridge habit. Studies have championed porridge in maintaining general good health – it can lower blood pressure, control blood glucose levels, and lower BDL (bad cholesterol levels.) So I eat porridge and dream of, "Full English."
I eat oatmeal (porridge) every other morning and a veggie mix with some kind of starch on the off days.

Rolled oats are a near magical health food, and very inexpensive, to boot. I doll mine up by cooking a diced apple in it and topping with cinnamon and other fruit or berries.

My favorite is biscuits and gravy with fried eggs on top. Don't get them as much as I'd like but sure enjoy them when I do. After that is bacon, eggs, hash browns and toast. Then there's pancakes with fried eggs on top. Mostly it's whatever the wife decides I'm having, is what I have. In addition to the daily orange she cuts up for me and of course, milk and coffee. I think she's trying to keep me around a few more years, bless her heart :love: . Don...

My favorite is biscuits and gravy with fried eggs on top. Don't get them as much as I'd like but sure enjoy them when I do. After that is bacon, eggs, hash browns and toast. Then there's pancakes with fried eggs on top.
My arteries insisted I stop reading your post once I got past biscuits and gravy, but I've never been good at following the rules. Truth is though, I'm not even tempted by those kinds of foods anymore.

Rolled oats are a near magical health food, and very inexpensive, to boot.
I agree that oatmeal is a very healthy breakfast food, but is there any reason to believe rolled oats are more healthful than steel cut? That may well be the case, but I've never read anything to that affect.

Back