What's With All This Sexual Harassment Stuff Going On?

No. You can try to slough it off if you want but she doesn't drink and she was dead serious and I was shocked.

Oh by the way. Her husband worked with me and I kept telling him not to put any hands on the staff.

He was fond of going up behind them and giving them a neck massage.

Now let me ask you a question.

That famous picture of the sailor kissing the nurse when the Japanese won the war.

He just grabbed her and kissed her. Is that sexual harassment?

We might even have had a thread on it before.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That famous picture of the sailor kissing the nurse when the Japanese won the war.

Please tell me which war was that ?

Normal people apologize when they're wrong instead of acting like butts.

OK, fine...one more time....show me the quote, and where I'm wrong. If you can I will admit it.

"acting like butts." So now you want to start with personal attacks? Insults ?....and yet you want to scold "men" for their remarks...interesting.

OK, fine...one more time....show me the quote, and where I'm wrong. If you can I will admit it.

"acting like butts." So now you want to start with personal attacks? Insults ?....and yet you want to scold "men" for their remarks...interesting.

Is that any worse or different than you blaming all women because some (from one of your previous posts) talk with their vocal-chords dragging in the gutter?

Is that any worse or different than you blaming all women because some (from one of your previous posts) talk with their vocal-chords dragging in the gutter?

Yes, I never made any personal attacks. jane is bitching about comments made by men to women...then she calls me a butt....

And doesn't her assertion of off color comments [by men] have an all men connotation to it as well ?

I find it appalling and amazing that all the blame here goes to males and that females don't share part of the blame even if it's just a tiny part?

When I point out some examples I get excuses like putting on a good face?

Are we that naive?

Why would the negative behaviour of a few, reflect badly on all men? Many males are wonderful individuals who treat women with respect. My fiancé, Sifuphil, comes to mind, some others on this site: Pappy, Amomaly, Tnthomas, Bob from Ma. Others abound, this is just a sampling of the awesome guys on SF.

Nonsense talk . The smile is too genuine and indicates approval. Why do make excuses like that.?

You are just proving my point. The other picture was blocked out.

The smile is for the camera. The eyes tell a different story. They are not smiling. They indicate embarrassment.
Also, look at the tension in her right leg. She is trying not to sit her full weight on him.
My guess she couldn't wait to get off him.

Just came from an Australian forum and they think the folks in the US are strange, and increasingly so.

More and more men are being named and perhaps shamed. Really I feel the whole subject is just getting way out of hand.

Hands up all those men who have draped an arm on some females shoulders, stroked their hand,patted their back, or bottom, touched their knees, etc, look out you may be next on the list for Harassment.
That’s how stupid I think it is getting, what with Richard Branson, now Don Bourke, next it will be one of our Politicians. I can’t help but feel these women are naming men hoping for some financial handout.

I could be next, I’ve put my arms round girls when I was young, Every saturday night at the “Palais du danse”, they never complained at the time though, I even took a few home and kissed them on the way. I must be a sex mad pervert and should be gaoled. On the other hand they won’t bother suing me, I’ve no money

You are quite right betty, they way they are carrying on is ridiculous,
Once many years ago i was shopping for crockery in a market, opposite the pots and pans stall was a greengrocers, three young women were walking past and the greengrocer held up a cucumber and said “What about one of these girls?” They all laughed, one of the girls said “cheeky sod” they all laughed again and went on their way. I bet nowadays a bloke couldn’t even hold a cucumber to sell to a customer without the screams and threats

Rediculous isn’t a strong enough word but it iss the best I can conjure up without swearing horribly Of course there would be some tast went to far too far ,but I seriously doubt that most had evil intentionsRediculous isn’t a strong enough word but it is the best I can conjure up without swearing horribly Of course there would be some tast went to far too far ,but I seriously doubt that most had evil intentions Rediculous isn’t a strong enough word but it is the best I can conjure up without swearing horribly Of course there would be some tast went to far too far ,but I seriously doubt that most had evil intentions

A close friend told me a few years ago of an incident with a tv person. At the time I dismissed it as a rumour but today in the paper is the same info. Unfortunately there are scumbags out there and at last they will be stopped. My daughter worked once with a man who made loud moo-ing sounds every time he passed her desk. After some time of this she spoke quietly to HR but nothing was done. Eventually one of the oldest employees saw what was happening and spoke to him outside work and it never happened again. I don’t mean this was anything sexual but it was distressing in the end and should have been stopped sooner

I do agree with those folks. This has gone far to far and has become very ridiculous. The way all these confessions are popping up at inopportune times is enough to make one wonder. I am glad to see that others do see the US efforts to be a bit funny and out of line.

The smile is for the camera. The eyes tell a different story. They are not smiling. They indicate embarrassment.
Also, look at the tension in her right leg. She is trying not to sit her full weight on him.
My guess she couldn't wait to get off him.

I doubt a jury would see it the way you do. You are making up stories. She had no obligation to sit there in the first place. That's not an advertising picture. That's an informal photo.

And by the way. I can't find the pictures anymore. They must have been deleted.

Work place sexual harrassment is not new just the amount of people coming forward now way beyond the time frame in the EEO guidelines for filing a complaint. Their motives/choice like their original motives/choice are like most things in life they change over time.

Condemning the person that made a choice to not file a complaint in a timely manner wrongly places blame. The perpetrator is and always will be the person to blame. I suppose an arguement could be made that if a complaint was filed by the 1st. person that might have stopped future incidents. Key word is might. Weighing proving and losing against what happens if you lose is a choice each person makes for their own welfare. Future incidents then become 1st. person each time.

Will sexual harrassment ever be stopped? The EEOC guidelines were put in place in 1964 and there are lawyers dedicated to filing cases. I think history shows it's on the side of not stopping.

Work place sexual harrassment is not new just the amount of people coming forward now way beyond the time frame in the EEO guidelines for filing a complaint. Their motives/choice like their original motives/choice are like most things in life they change over time.

Condemning the person that made a choice to not file a complaint in a timely manner wrongly places blame. The perpetrator is and always will be the person to blame. I suppose an arguement could be made that if a complaint was filed by the 1st. person that might have stopped future incidents. Key word is might. Weighing proving and losing against what happens if you lose is a choice each person makes for their own welfare. Future incidents then become 1st. person each time.

Will sexual harrassment ever be stopped? The EEOC guidelines were put in place in 1964 and there are lawyers dedicated to filing cases. I think history shows it's on the side of not stopping.

But they are not laying charges. They are merely complaining now.

The reason sexual harassment [what ever it is] will never stop is due to the fact that what ever it is, is different too everyone. And it leaves behind NO proof......Particularly after many years have passed.

I agree. The “tells” are there if a person chooses to look.

This is what women come up with for proof?

The eyes are not smiling? Post the picture again. I'll enlarge it. Admit the truth. She was doing it willingly.

I'm sorry Shalimar men are not good at 'tells' if that's what you are depending on.

It's kind of gobbledegook science.

Back