Derek Chauvin's sentencing is tomorrow. What will it be?

no-no-no-i-love-black-people-i-think-everyone-should-own-one.jpg

My comment was made on just what I saw and heard today, that was enough to know. She had no remorse for the deceased, the man her son deliberately killed. She only felt sorry for him and herself, the hell with the murdered Floyd and his grieving family.
You have no way of knowing what was going through her with the brief period she spoke. You just jump ugly like others here.

Indeed. We have gone over this but it has fallen on deaf ears.

As I have previously documented (please remember that I have a law degree) in Minnesota one must first ascertain that someone is knowingly passing counterfeit money in order to warrant an arrest. The cashier stated ON THE RECORD in a court of law under oath that he did not ask Floyd whether he knew the bill was counterfeit. Furthermore, the police were asked the same question and gave the same reply UNDER OATH. Therefore, an arrest was NOT, repeat: NOT warranted because no one ascertained whether he knew or did not know that he was committing a crime.

Previously I have mentioned that the Twin Cities has had a recent history of counterfeit bills being passed around due to organized criminals making counterfeit bills. One of my neighbors (a white guy) was told by a cashier the $20 bill he attempted to use was counterfeit. He was given the bill back and was NOT arrested. That's what you are supposed to do in this state.

George Floyd should not have been arrested in the first place. If those stupid cops had done their job and posed a simple question as to whether he knew the bill was real or not, none of these problems would have taken place.

Re fentanyl - in the state of Minnesota fentanyl is available by prescription only. Floyd had some of it in his system. But that was prescribed medicine which means he did not commit a crime by using it.

Re his criminal record - he has been clean since 2014. Therefore, his past is inconsequential. Heck, Saul of Tarsus was a convicted mass murderer. But he was forgiven and today he is called St Paul. The city I live in was named for him.

Like it or not, George Floyd was innocent. It was the cops who committed a crime by arresting him without making any effort to ascertain whether he knew the bill was counterfeit. Had those criminal cops not violated the law George Floyd would be alive today and we would have had far less chaos last summer in the cities. Blame the stupid cops and the jackass politicians who coddle them for the problems. Don't blame the innocent.

Just goes to show you how laws differ. I have no knowledge of Minnesota laws, but here in PA because he was a known felon, we would have been able to hold him (arrest) on suspicion because we would have had probable cause. That would allow the police 24 hours to find evidence for the DA to charge him. If no evidence could be found, we would have had to release him w/o bond. Even the suspect’s DNA on the bill would have sufficed for an arrest warrant.

In this case, it has been my opinion that if we only consider what he was suspected of and include his resisting arrest, he should not have been treated in the manner that he was. Once Mr. Floyd was secured by cuffing, it was game over. Anything beyond that, Mr. Chauvin being a trained, experienced police officer should have known that he was going to face consequences, even if Mr. Floyd would have survived.

I was fairly certain that Mr. Chauvin would only be charged with 2nd degree murder, only because he was given the benefit of doubt,

Last edited:
Indeed. We have gone over this but it has fallen on deaf ears.

As I have previously documented (please remember that I have a law degree) in Minnesota one must first ascertain that someone is knowingly passing counterfeit money in order to warrant an arrest. The cashier stated ON THE RECORD in a court of law under oath that he did not ask Floyd whether he knew the bill was counterfeit. Furthermore, the police were asked the same question and gave the same reply UNDER OATH. Therefore, an arrest was NOT, repeat: NOT warranted because no one ascertained whether he knew or did not know that he was committing a crime.
Possession is not a strict liability crime, true, but the "Intent" only comes into play in a court of law, agree? PC to arrest could be based on many field factors. Of course George Floyd would say he had no knowledge of it being counterfeit.

What about all the civilians that just stood there watching and video taping the incident the entire time but doing nothing to interfere?
I wondered about that also. It seems that the first reaction many people have when they see violence being committed is to reach for their phone and start photographing. But...

If not for Darnella Frazier, the 17-year-old who kept her camera running throughout the entire time Chauvin was kneeling on Floyd's neck, he would never have been convicted. She did more for the cause of justice than she ever would have with a gun. And of course, most people would not rush in to "rescue" someone from armed police. Most of us don't think of the police as the bad guys, at least we haven't until recently.

I'm glad he got sentenced to the 22 years, even though he probably won't serve the entire sentence. One happy thought: from what I've read about this, their fellow convicts are usually pretty rough on convicted cops.

What about all the civilians that just stood there watching and video taping the incident the entire time but doing nothing to interfere?

In fact they tried by repeatedly telling the murderous cop that he was killing Floyd. The other three cops (who will be going to trial next March) warned civilians to stay away. They even threatened the woman EMS employee that she would be arrested if she tried to stop them from their crime. The civilians deserve awards for trying to save an innocent life. The three other cops deserve a lifetime imprisonment and Chauvin deserves the scaffold.

If that was the case then the cashier would be obligated to give it back to him rather than call the police. That would have prevented the problem entirely.
Exactly. If Floyd had gone back into Cup Foods as he was asked to, politely, twice, he could have taken the twenty back and all would have been well. Instead he refused to go in, refused to roll down the window when the police came, began wailing for his mama and saying he couldn't breathe the minute he stepped out of his van, prompting the police to call for back-up (Chauvin and Tao), and establishing in all their minds that "I can't breathe" was his go to get out of going to jail card and didn't mean anything. Then he fought with them over getting into the squad car which ended him up on the ground.

Nothing justifies the knee on the neck, but Floyd did many things that day to put himself in a dangerous position. Who refuses to obey police orders and expects things to go well? If you jaywalk across an interstate and a car hits you, is the driver a murderer and are you an innocent victim? What if Darnell has her camera handy and shows us the driver sped up? Are you still blameless?

most people would not rush in to "rescue" someone from armed police. Most of us don't think of the police as the bad guys, at least we haven't until recently.

That much is true as most suburbanites have been insulated from police crimes. After all, they are portrayed on TV as angelic saviors from the wickedness that pervades society. This even though books like Serpico which contain documented facts about police corruption have been written just about every year. For those of us from the ghettos we have known and experienced police corruption all our lives. Thus, Chauvin's crime came as no surprise. Same with the police attacks on Rodney King and the attempted cover up which was debunked by the video we all saw.

But perhaps there is some hope on the horizon as the Black Panthers are re-emerging all throughout the USA. When BLM peacefully protests the cops start to harass as many people as they can. By contrast when the armed Black Panthers appear the cops don't do a godd@mn thing. Examples of this include Philadelphia and Dallas. Once cops see that the public is armed they step back and avoid the bullets that are sure to come their way if they screw up. After all, do cops ever harass armed white supremacists when they have their rallies? It's time for the Black Panthers and other groups to march on the streets to keep the government "off your back" like Reagan used to say.

Exactly. If Floyd had gone back into Cup Foods as he was asked to, politely, twice, he could have taken the twenty back and all would have been well. Instead he refused to go in...
That's one example of what I meant by establishing PC in the field, his refusal to go back into the store. Was he required to, no, but that and other factors could have provided PC by the SC's definition.

That's one example of what I meant by establishing PC in the field, his refusal to go back into the store. Was he required to, no, but that and other factors could have provided PC by the SC's definition.

If the cashier had given the bill back to him and asked for a genuine bill there would have been no problem in the first place. A fact admitted to under oath by the cashier in court room testimony.

Here's hoping the same, Terry!

So you both are fine with , wishing for the death of a police officer........... But you scorn the death of a drug addled ex felon , who walked into a house and stuck a gun into the stomach of a mother, in an armed robbery. ?

That speaks volumes about both of you.

So you both are fine with , wishing for the death of a police officer........... But you scorn the death of a drug addled ex felon , who walked into a house and stuck a gun into the stomach of a mother, in an armed robbery. ?

That speaks volumes about both of you.
Correct.

Back